Problem after installing Windows 7

amer7

Maybe you miss some of the history behind nlite, vlite and ntlite.

They are (were) developed all by the same person Dino Nuhagic (Nuhi) and (at least up to nlite and vlite) with support from MSFN members.

So - once said that de gustibus non disputandum est - I think it is understandable that to many people on MSFN it may sound strange that a new product re-written by the same programmer (with many added years of experience in the specific matter) may suddenly become "crap".

jaclaz

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

1 - Maybe you miss some of the history behind nlite, vlite and ntlite.

They are (were) developed all by the same person Dino Nuhagic (Nuhi) and (at least up to nlite and vlite) with support from MSFN members.

2 - So - once said that de gustibus non disputandum est - I think it is understandable that to many people on MSFN it may sound strange that a new product re-written by the same programmer (with many added years of experience in the specific matter) may suddenly become "crap".

jaclaz

1 - By this very logic Windows 11 is as good as all of the previous ones, because they all have the same developer Microsoft.

2 - jaclaz , I'm sorry , I was just sharing my personal experience . vLite was fast , user friendly and simple/fast . Respect to the creator ! NTLite - not .

Not sure what you meant by too many people . I only encountered a couple. But then again , you confirmed the importance of all MSFN members

that brought their noteable remarks to the developer and we had that good product in the end. And when someone politely asks why the hell we can't switch to a larger scaled

fonts or change a simple png background to a darker one , locking the topic will not make the tool better, all I'm saying . But then again , why would the author bother 

himself if he already got the userbase .

... it may sound strange to many people, not too.

Your comparison does not really apply as Microsoft is a collective of people that changed over the years, and historically in many cases made new versions that were objectively terrible[1], Nuhi is always himself, the appearance of the tool may well have changed and be terrible (too light) for the eyes (BTW like many apps in the "washed down" Windows 10 interface), but I doubt that this may qualify it as "crap" and that it fails to do the whatever it is supposed to do.

I never used either Vlite or NTlite (and only briefly used Nlite) so cannot really express a personal opinion on them, I was only trying to provide a possible explanation.

jaclaz

[1] compare with the move of the short sighted bishop (or of the limping knight):

https://msfn.org/board/topic/155290-windows-8-deeper-impressions/?do=findComment&comment=996327

21 hours ago, jaclaz said:

1 -  but I doubt that this may qualify it as "crap" and that it fails to do the whatever it is supposed to do.

2 - I never used either Vlite or NTlite (and only briefly used Nlite) so cannot really express a personal opinion on them

1 - How would you know then , lol. Having no feedback over 10 years (with the un-locked topic 'till now) kinda tells about the popularity, quality.

2 - Good , you saved yourself from a deep trauma , I'm still trying to heal my eyes. Don't even try . 

Always a pleasure to talk to you , jaclaz . Haven't heard you for a while , still enjoying the driver you both helped me to find ! thank you !