Why am I getting English Menus after installing Swedish IE

bookie32

Hi guys!

I am getting fedup with download the right IE files and installing them only to find the actual drop down menus are in English instead of Swedish....?!

I have a standard Vista Business 32 without service packs and updating a basic image is not easy when your webbrowser is too old...

So, to get over that hurdle I down load the equivalent version in Swedish only to find that I have English Menus....?!

All the settings are for Swedish so what causes this?

This is happening after installing IE Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

Hi again

Well, for me I just don't think that Microsoft can cut it....always problems...

I have tried to build a new sysprep image in VMware and am not getting anywhere....

I have taken a basic installation of Vista Business 32 without service packs...

After installation I have gone into edit mode and let Vista update itself....

This went ok until the so called 1.9mb Vista sp1 update....waste of time...kb936330 this just wants to keep on installing over and over....?!!!

You are forced into downloading the full version and installing that...Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1

I then let it update itself to sp2....OK...

After the installation I can't search after updates unless the new update agent is installed...7.6.7600.256 and now nothing?!!

The computer has stood for several hours and nada!!!

If I start IE because it is IE 7 it wants to update the browser and takes you to a page where you can update it....click on the link and I end up with a 64bits version of IE9?!!!

If I try and download and install the Swedish version IE9-WindowsVista-x86-sve I end up with English menus?!!!

Does anyone have anything good to say about Microsoft because I am fast losing my patience with this crap....

No one should have to spend hours fixing a computer that doesn't update...

This is a completely new build and it still doesn't work?!!

Not a happy bunny!

bookie32

Try installing KB3139852 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51265 for 32-bit systems, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51329 for 64-bit) to fix Windows Update's slow update checking up, and then try installing IE9 from Windows Update itself. It should be in the important updates section. There's nothing else I can recommend, an English IE9 would be only existent in an English version of Vista actually.

You do realize that the Clean Install MUST be Swedish and not an "integrated" one, right? Look here -
http://www.froggie.sk/en/index.html

BTW, that's EXACTLY how it works. I've messed with this MUI "integration" madness for a few days (longer) out of curiosity and if the Install is not FULLY in that language, MS will ASSUME the "base" language.

More info -
http://windowsitpro.com/windows-client/q-where-configured-language-multilingual-user-interface-mui-installations-stored-regi

Google/Bing this -
vista language change

Seriously, you have something screwed up. The following WIM files must be set for your language, including if you have Multi-Language DVD -
BOOT (both indices)
INSTALL (minimum for your Edition)
The WinRE -inside- your INSTALL.WIM

The "lang" folders in the SOURCES folders/subfolders are (AFAICT) for Upgrade purposes. There should be NO TRACE of ANY "en-EN" folders anywhere in your install (unless MUI DVD).

I guess I have to ask - is this the case? It IS an "original" Swedish DVD, right? :unsure: