Sfc returning files couldn't be repaired

bookie32

Hi guys!

After resetting my computer to an image I created with windows back up in 2014 I set about updating it will all the updates that had occurred since 2014...help!

Anyway after getting up to date I did a sfc /scannow and the result was several files couldn't be repaired...

I have no idea what I am looking at in the cbs.log and wondered if anyone here could hellp me?

If there is someone that can help or point me in the right direction....please say and I will attach files here for you to look at....;)

bookie32

So just these two:

2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003ed [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\hpfstw71.rpo" of prnhp003.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003ef [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"cmcfg32.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-RasConnectionManager, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003f2 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003f5 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:22{11}]"cmcfg32.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\hpfstw71.rpo" of prnhp003.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch2016-03-09 16:55:02, Info                  CSI    000003f8 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:186{93}]"Microsoft-Windows-Printer-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.INF_prnhp003"2016-03-09 16:55:03, Info                  CSI    000003fa [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\hpfst071.rpo" of prnhp004.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch2016-03-09 16:55:03, Info                  CSI    000003fb [SR] This component was referenced by [l:186{93}]"Microsoft-Windows-Printer-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.INF_prnhp004"
Which your file wasn't as big as I've seen before. The first one is printer drivers. The second I can't find much except people who had a virus on the computer.

Did you run SFC because you were experiencing another problem, or just for funs?

After reinstating the computer and updating it I wanted to make sure it was healthy before creating a new image....

Yes, I did a search with some of the info and came up virus...no virus...

I have used several programs to sweep the computer and nothing...

I will have to build a new image...just not going to trust microsoft with my backup image any more...just haven't got the time to waste on solving problems with updates...

Ever since the Windows 10 crap came on the scene it has got worse...

More and more problems...

So, if it is virus related then the backup image I made had a virus and I checked that before creating an image and sfc ran OK....

All you get now is don't trust Windows with the updates....

I just think it is a sad state of affairs when one has to watch every move Microsoft makes....!!!

They have made complete fools of themselves with Windows 10 and the story just goes on...

Thanks for your time.

bookie32

Another thing that seems to have gone wrong...

I now have set my VMWare image not to update windows.....

I then start searching for updates so I can see what is available and two times in a row Microsoft's system has ignorred that and the updates are waiting for me to turn off the computer and not when I search...

So, even building an new image isn't straight forward any more...!!

Everything to do with Microsoft is just plain rubbish!!

Edited by bookie32

So, if it is virus related then the backup image I made had a virus and I checked that before creating an image and sfc ran OK....

It could just be an indication that a virus had once been on the system, not that there is one now. Or it could be nothing. Its hard to tell when searching for things online. Most people consider reinstalling Windows to be a fix. :rolleyes:

When you first setup Windows, going through OOBE you should choose to not install Updates. The OOBE screen only gives 3 choices, rather than the full options you get when you go into the Update settings. Choosing either of the 2 green options will make Windows Update search for updates to install.

Thanks Tripedacus!

One lives and learns...

OK I will have to set about reinstalling....not a five minute job...I now have my basic sysprep image and can work from that....

I even tested the image to make sure and it comes up no errors...

Because of all the crap surrounding Windows 10 what are the updates to avoid and is their a registry hack that can disable the Windows 10 upgrade that wont break the system....

I have seen this app and wondered if anyone has any experience of it and if it can cause problems?

I am looking to stop Windows 10 and try and save myself being on my guard all the time...

I have noticed that the KB3035583 installs even if you have hidden it...

Some advice would be helpful if you have the time...

Thank you!

bookie32

Just a little update regarding the sfc /scannow problems.. I have mounted the original image in vmware and ran sfc /scannow and it came up errors....

So, somewhere along the way I added some sort of Malware to my image and that is probably the reason for sfc detecting it now and not fixing it...

This means that two of my main computers are using this image and will need redoing to make sure that it is OK....

I haven't a clue where the problem came from but am keeping an eye on things om my work computer as I add my programs again...

It might not really be causing a problem just don't like loose ends...

Thanks!

It could just be an indication that a virus had once been on the system, not that there is one now. Or it could be nothing. Its hard to tell when searching for things online. Most people consider reinstalling Windows to be a fix. :rolleyes:

When you first setup Windows, going through OOBE you should choose to not install Updates. The OOBE screen only gives 3 choices, rather than the full options you get when you go into the Update settings. Choosing either of the 2 green options will make Windows Update search for updates to install.

P.S. Microsoft doesn't give a **** about what your settings are regarding updates....Just had my computer connected to the internet to activate my license and as soon as that was done I get an icon in my system tray for upgrading to Windows 10...I had set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install" but it still installs KB3035583 without my consent.....

Edited by bookie32