Win 8.1 upgrade to Win10 - not working

salash

I was using AeroGlass on Win 8.1. After upgrade to Win10 it does not work. I spent two hours trying to figure it out but no luck. Please help. I am on build 10586.14. People reported that they run AeroGlass on 105... ok. Before installing Win10 I unistalled AeroGlass. After AeroGlass installation I get DWM error. I tried to apply the script but no luck. I have also noticed that I am suppposed to have donation.key in my AeroGlass folder. I copies a key from my previous AeroGlass (8.1) folder, but it has filename license.key. I donated for the 8.1 version, I still have that confirmation mail. I tried to generate new key but no way how to login. Please help. Thank you.

Thank you very much. Would be so kind and help me a little bit more? BigMuscle says on page 1 of the above mentioned thread that people should not ask how to apply an experimental build. Could you please direct me to where would I find such an information? Also, after reading the thread, I am not sure if the 506 build shows always a watermark in the right bottomo desktop corner or not. I donated for the 8.1 version, but I do not have the key anymore. Donation confirmation mail linkes me to a page that does not exist anymore and I am not able to download or login the license. Thank you once again in advance.

Thank you very much. Would be so kind and help me a little bit more? BigMuscle says on page 1 of the above mentioned thread that people should not ask how to apply an experimental build. Could you please direct me to where would I find such an information? Also, after reading the thread, I am not sure if the 506 build shows always a watermark in the right bottomo desktop corner or not. I donated for the 8.1 version, but I do not have the key anymore. Donation confirmation mail linkes me to a page that does not exist anymore and I am not able to download or login the license. Thank you once again in advance.

You should copy the files from your experimental build into your Aeroglass folder.  As they are in use, you will need to disable the Aeroglass task, and restart or do it in safe mode.  You will have a watermark as it is in beta.  Contact bm about your key via pm.  He always helps.

For help with the license and watermark, @bigmuscle is the go-to guy. Based on my reading around this subforum, though, I wouldn't expect the watermark to disappear necessarily after a donation.

Now as for installing the 506 build, read the fifth (long) post in this thread. Make sure to contact @NoelC for any updated instructions; he's very active here on MSFN and eager to help. The process of installing Aero Glass is not user-friendly and if it were me, I'd wait until there's a new official Aero Glass release with installer.

Good luck, and tell us how things work out for you.

--JorgeA