Post your localhost

Datalore

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have Apache or IIS installed and have your own localhost page, but I just spent the afternoon playing with it and this is what I came up with. The only thing I still need to add is a "Powered by Apache" logo, but I can't find one with a black background.

Click for screenshot

(Sorry about the blurring, it's my local community based site that nobody can know about :) )

Why don't you show off your localhost?

I can't because

1. It's a "free tech support" service made for people in my city that aren't familiar or comfortable with forums (i.e. the students at my high school, older people, etc.). I had to cut out a lot of "confusing" things from the default IPB skin. So there's no member registration, no member bar, no calender, etc.

2. I used my real name all over the site

3. Anybody who does a WHOIS on my domain gets my address + phone number :rolleyes:

Maybe once I WHOIS Guard it, I'll mention it on MSFN for review. Until then, it's a secret. :)

Simple, effective- but horrible colors :)

Crap, I used to be able to see my localhost page from the other computers on my network by typing my computer's IP, but now it doesn't work

And does anybody have a good looking Apache logo with a black background?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have Apache or IIS installed and have your own localhost page, but I just spent the afternoon playing with it and this is what I came up with. The only thing I still need to add is a "Powered by Apache" logo, but I can't find one with a black background.

Click for screenshot

(Sorry about the blurring, it's my local community based site that nobody can know about  :D )

Why don't you show off your localhost?

----edit----

Ok, got it to work, ignore this post :):D

----edit----

Can you tell me which "apache projet" i need to download to get the localhost page on my computer ??

Just to be sure, is it the apache http server ??

Thanks, :rolleyes:

Black~Cobra