Difference between home and core?

kobe

Most gigabyte and asus ones actually there is actually only one reason. Server boards typically have bigger capacity. Again do you have any real life experiences?

Again, show me a desktop board that says a server OS is a supported OS for the board... there's a reason why there's two different boards for the two different types of OSes and it's more than just drivers.

Edit: I've opened up 5 random desktop motherboard pages from both Asus and Gigabyte, and not a single one says it's compatible with a server OS.

Edited by jmonroe0914

Well, the point I was raising was more about the:

(server OSes cannot generally run on PC motherboards, just as server boards can generally not run desktop OSes - Server OSes are not remotely similar to desktop OSes) .

Actually in Windows NT systems Desktop OS and Server OS are historically EXACTLY THE SAME with just a bunch of very minor changes, mostly due to Commercial/Licensing reasons.

This is true at least until 8/Server 2012:
http://www.computerweekly.com/photostory/2240162611/Windows-Server-2012-inside-Microsofts-Enterprise-Server-OS/1/Windows-Server-2012-Its-Windows-8-with-bells-and-whistles

Microsoft’s Server 2012 is based on the same code as Windows 8, ...

It is entirely possible that the yet to be released Server 2016:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2016

The final release date for the server is expected to be in early 2016, that is, not released simultaneously with the client operating system Windows 10 as was the case with the last three operating system releases.

will be not remotely similar to Windows 10, but allow me to doubt it.

Edit: I've opened up 5 random desktop motherboard pages from both Asus and Gigabyte, and not a single one says it's compatible with a server OS.

Maybe if instead of opening random motherboards pages you searched for some you might have found (say) this page:
http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/OS/C602_listing2.cfm

Just one of the many listed here:

http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/os.cfm

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Most gigabyte and asus ones actually there is actually only one reason. Server boards typically have bigger capacity. Again do you have any real life experiences?

Again, show me a desktop board that says a server OS is a supported OS for the board... there's a reason why there's two different boards for the two different types of OSes and it's more than just drivers.

Edit: I've opened up 5 random desktop motherboard pages from both Asus and Gigabyte, and not a single one says it's compatible with a server OS.

The second one I looked at has drivers for several desktop OS. http://b2b.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4468#dl

Now answer me do you have any real experiences?

Well, the point I was raising was more about the:

(server OSes cannot generally run on PC motherboards, just as server boards can generally not run desktop OSes - Server OSes are not remotely similar to desktop OSes) .

Actually in Windows NT systems Desktop OS and Server OS are historically EXACTLY THE SAME with just a bunch of very minor changes, mostly due to Commercial/Licensing reasons.

It is entirely possible that the yet to be released Server 2016:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2016

The final release date for the server is expected to be in early 2016, that is, not released simultaneously with the client operating system Windows 10 as was the case with the last three operating system releases.

will be not remotely similar to Windows 10, but allow me to doubt it.

jaclaz

Everyone is welcome to their opinions, however, I ask again:

Please show me a desktop board that says a server OS is a supported OS for the board... there's a reason why there's two different boards for the two different types of OSes and it's more than just drivers.

Again, show me a desktop board that says a server OS is a supported OS for the board... there's a reason why there's two different boards for the two different types of OSes and it's more than just drivers.

The second one I looked at has drivers for several desktop OS. http://b2b.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4468#dl

Now answer me do you have any real experiences?

Per the Specifications:

OS Supported

Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86) & R2 (x64)

Windows Vista SP2 (x86/x64)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6 (x86/x64)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.11 (x86/x64)

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.1 (x86/x64)

VMware ESXi 5.0 / 5.1 / 5.1 U1 / 5.1 U2

Totally misread, my mistake  :blink:

Edited by jmonroe0914

That was just the second board I looked at. Look deeper like I've asked several times do you have any actual experience? You have been proven wrong at least twice here because you seem to have a reading problem. You are only seeing what you want to see and misquoting lots of information.

Then trying to prove us idiots when you don't actually know what your taking about. The people here have actual hands on knowledge not just half read bs.

That was just the second board I looked at. Look deeper like I've asked several times do you have any actual experience? You have been proven wrong at least twice here because you seem to have a reading problem. You are only seeing what you want to see and misquoting lots of information.

Then trying to prove us idiots when you don't actually know what your taking about. The people here have actual hands on knowledge not just half read bs.

To believe my posts are "trying to prove us idiots" really demonstrates looking at forum posts with the absolute wrong perspective.  

How one could formulate such an opinion based on what I've written is beyond perplexing.  I'd encourage you to re-read posts I've written with a neutral perspective instead of one of hubris, believing someone, or anyone, is trying to what? embarrass you? argue their right and you're wrong? what?  I couldn't care less who's right and wrong... i care about factual information.  When I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it... when you're wrong, you're wrong... it's really as simple as that. 

However, to read from a perspective of hubris will lead one to respond with hubris.

Edited by jmonroe0914

Ok but go back and read my posts and actually answer ask my questions. Especially in this and the thread regarding page files. You have yet to answer one of my questions. You are only interested in proving what you half read somewhere is right. Not answering anything else

Ok but go back and read my posts and actually answer ask my questions. Especially in this and the thread regarding page files. You have yet to answer one of my questions. You are only interested in proving what you half read somewhere is right. Not answering anything else

You asked one question [in this thread], of which I repeatedly ignored due to the obvious.  If you don't understand why it was ignored, please re-read my previous post above and/or simply glance at any post I've made... the answer is in every post.

Edited by jmonroe0914

The thing is though you are just spouting half read articles and not fully quoting them. My point is that (myself included) people here have multiple decades of real knowledge not just reading. MS has been proven wrong on so many occasions on their printed works that they cannot be used as a reliable source (kinda like you)

If a manufacturer has drivers for Windows seven yet says on the front they only support Vista them they are actually supporting seven they just didn't update their front page.

You really need to learn to think for yourself not jus read