Any reason to "up"grade? Not seeing any.

NoelC

you won't get that from MS :)

not because its limited per technology, but because they are lazy

they only know to "pretty up" old stuff

but its still old stuff

METRO is nothing new, it is recycled project Windows Neptune

just like that funny talking dude once said on apple wwdc

"now you must think we added this nice aqua bubble on windows logo..., no its their official logo

but you know... underneath it all... its still windows..." :)

Edited by vinifera

Well, "underneath it all it's still Windows" is actually a Good Thing.  I can still run stuff from the 1990s.  20 years is an eternity.

The real problem is that the "new" stuff isn't as functional as that stuff from the 1990s.  And a whole helluva lot of people in the world are too stupid to see it (recalling that graph that shows upwards of 100 million people now running Windows 10).

I'd like to hope they're all running it like I am - as a test in a VM - but I know that's not the case. 

100 million people (!!) duped into believing Microsoft is innovating.  100 million people who STILL think Microsoft is trustworthy.  100 million people swayed by fashion over function.  100 million people buying stuff at the App Store.

:puke:

-Noel

that number is always overblown

among those 100 million, 80% probably ditched it later

the miserable % ones are MS employees and testers

its the same story with people buying windows 8, "gee wee woow it went over selling of windows 7 within a month"

but, nobody was asking the right question and from 1st hand i saw how it goes

person comes into store, any store, asks for laptop or PC,

you get 2 options

1. it comes empty with freedos

2. it comes with windows 8 (10)

if you take empty one, you will pay it 20% expencier

if you take winblows one, "microsoft is sponsoring you so its cheaper" --------> there licence sold

don't forget that winblows is also on phones now, so that is also incorporated in statistics of "how many people use it"

Edited by vinifera

On 10/1/2015 at 8:31 PM, Tommy said:

Wait, so here is a question. When you say we have to surrender our previous OS installation, does that mean we permanently lose our ability to go back as in the Windows 10 activation cancels out your ability to reactivate your old OS, or does it just mean that you can go back but you'd have to wipe the drive clean and start over again?

Supposedly, you have a 30-day period in which you can uninstall the upgrade and "roll back" to your previous OS. After that, going back is more involved (i.e., reinstall from scratch, restore from disk image backup).

Phil

Edited by pcalvert
Remove incorrect info, replace with correct info.