Windows 10 , How to make Taskbar get Aero ?

I just played with Start10. Although it have many options that StartIsBack/CustomShell don't have especially textures, it lacks features too. But the most important thing here that it does not offer much more regarding taskbar blur than what SIB/CS can offer. In my opinion, all of the three software offer ugly taskbar blur (too much blur that cannot be configured). 

Not sure this is the right thread for my question, but it's the one that comes closest without starting a new thread. :)

A prolific designer on DeviantArt says that,

Taskbar can't change in RTM build, Microsoft won't let us to do this. 

(Second comment from the top.)

Is he correct? I was hoping to find and install a theme that featured a convex (3-D) Vista-like taskbar in Windows 10,

--JorgeA

Not sure this is the right thread for my question, but it's the one that comes closest without starting a new thread. :)

Is he correct? I was hoping to find and install a theme that featured a convex (3-D) Vista-like taskbar in Windows 10,

--JorgeA

Yep, taskbar and some other elements are completely hard coded now. I imagine over time they'll make everything hard coded, the themeability we have now is largely a remnant of deprecated functionality they haven't supported in a long time.

Nothing he or anyone else can do to fix/improve the taskbar at all.

--JorgeA

Yep, taskbar and some other elements are completely hard coded now. I imagine over time they'll make everything hard coded, the themeability we have now is largely a remnant of deprecated functionality they haven't supported in a long time.

Nothing he or anyone else can do to fix/improve the taskbar at all.

I find this statement too bold as I'm not sure if taskbar is completely hard coded. AFAIK, we are still able to apply blur and use custom colors to taskbar using StartIsBack, ClassicShell or Start10. The latter can also apply textures to taskbar so I guess the possibilities are endless. Yes these are all workarounds using third-party tools because of the code removed but when did Microsoft allow changing taskbar with a built-in option? Even with Windows 7 we needed third-party tools to customize anything and it really does not matter how this tool work for the end-user. As long as the coder of the third-party tool knows a way to do it it is fine for the user.

The obvious thing I know of that is changed between Windows 7 and Windows 8+ (including 10) is that DWM now renders in 2D and not in 3D as was the case in Windows 7. This means, we cannot have 3D taskbar which I believe applies to JorgeA question. So my comment would be: while we still able to do many things with taskbar, the 3D options are something of the past.

A couple of things to do:

• In StartIsBack settings, enable "Use custom taskbar coloring" and set the slider beside it to something around 25%.
  • In Windows 10 Settings > Personalisation > Colors > enable both "Show color on Start ..." and "Make Start, taskbar ...
I've made the changes you called for, but I still don't see that much improvement.

rNKgTuI.png

Edited by ptd163

The obvious thing I know of that is changed between Windows 7 and Windows 8+ (including 10) is that DWM now renders in 2D and not in 3D as was the case in Windows 7. This means, we cannot have 3D taskbar which I believe applies to JorgeA question. So my comment would be: while we still able to do many things with taskbar, the 3D options are something of the past.

@ahmedsalahais and @RandPC:

Thanks for the replies. It's disappointing that we can't re-create the 3-D taskbar, but what can we do except make the best of what there is.

--JorgeA

P.S. If you look at other comments on that DeviantArt page, it sounds like the removal of the 3-D capability is a recent development. The images he gives for his theme show the convex taskbar and some people pointed it out, then he replied that it's not possible any more.