problem registering DLL

vinifera

Maybe will help. Right-click register/unregister dll.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Register / unregister context menu .dll[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dll]"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"@="dllfile"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile]@="Application Extension"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\Shell\Register\command]@="regsvr32.exe \"%1\""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\Shell\UnRegister\command]@="regsvr32.exe /u \"%1\""

You can't do a "generic" run using anything but the "specific" name (one for each). No WildCards.

Are you saying the NirSoft program doesn't work?

Also, you *are* right-clicking CMD and/or the NirSoft program and using "Run As", right?

(Note - No Win7 machine up-and-running ATM, so I can't test/verify.)

edit - This (post above this one) http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174375-problem-registering-dll/#entry1107099

The first two should already exist. The last two are additional to allow for right-click. :unsure:

Edited by submix8c

@351837 thats what was already done...

@ submix8c

wildcards or not, I tried 1 by 1 also

nirsoft as said also throws error message

I don't have to do "run as" :P

i have full ownership of folders (since they are copied and not direct in system32)

and i am on admin acc

But not all .dll need (or can) be registered through regsvr32, or if you prefer, if you use wildcards to re-register all .dll's in a system it is expeceted that you will have tens or hundreds of similar errors.

Even on older MS OS (NT/9x/2k and XP) the re-registering all .dll's on a system resulted in several similar errors and since I believe 2K for some .dll's re-registering them does not "fully" create the proper Registry entries, that is one of the reasons why the Nirsoft tool can come handy, see this (only seemingly unrelated):

http://reboot.pro/topic/3717-xpsp1-with-full-commandline-and-ntfs-below-10-mb/?p=154017

jaclaz