[RESOLVED]Driver doesnt work (Intel IPML device)

netbookdelgob

Hello, im running Windows Vista sp2 with all the updates.

I have a driver (INTEL IPML DEVICE) that works on XP and Windows 7, but it doesnt work on Vista. it says "Windows found the driver but cannot install it"

I attached the .inf  oem5.inf

Edited by netbookdelgob

The inf hash is not present in the catalog. The Driver Package appears to be tampered.The Driver Package appears to be tampered but user wants to install it anyway.!    sig:           Verifying file against specific (valid) catalog failed! (0x80096002)!    sig:           Verifying file against specific Authenticode(tm) catalog failed! (0x800b0100)!!!  dvi:                                    Add Service: Binary 'I:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\System32\Drivers\ipmlebl.sys' for service 'IPMLEBL' is not present.
Have you modified this INF in any way? Doing so will break the digital signature.

It can't find ipmlebl.sys... and I am unsure as to why the path looks like that. You may have a bad driver.

And why is your Windows directory shown as I:\ ?

So when you are booted into the Vista OS, I: is your boot volume?

C: is the boot volume. Then it loads the vista os or 7.

Possibly lost in translation :unsure: (just for the record).

For everyone (exception made for the good MS guys :w00t::ph34r:):

• "boot" is the volume where the boot files are (NTLDR+BOOT.INI+NTDETECT.COM or BOOTMGR + \boot\BCD)
  • "system" is the volume where the Operating System folder is (\WINNT or \WINDOWS)

The good MS guys - for some reasons - use the terms reversed:

http://www.multibooters.co.uk/system.html

The net effect is that unless one specifies which convention he is using ("common sense" vs. "MS" terminology) there is a concrete risk of misunderstanding.

jaclaz

Well... the driver also has a setup program, it installs the "fnhotkey.exe" (It only shows a bar with the action of the fn key), and the driver. In vista it installs the .exe but not the driver. (it works on 7,xp and surprisingly in 2000)

Well... i found a driver "Intel Mobile utility" and it worked!! :w00t::thumbup

Good. :)

Its on the intel download center, the file is from 2008.

Well, again for the record, and hopefully for next time this is senselessly vague, it equates more or less to "the needle was manufactured in 2008 :w00t:, here is the haystack, go and find it if you need it". :ph34r:

jaclaz