Researchers Find Safest Place to Hide From Zombies

Monroe

It's good to know that good money is being spent to find these things out !

They say if the zombies are on the East Coast then head West ASAP ...

Cornell Researchers Find Safest Place to Hide from Zombies

February 25, 2015

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/02/25/cornell-researchers-find-safest-place-to-hide-from-zombies/?intcmp=latestnews

If a zombie outbreak were to strike US shores, East Coasters should head west ASAP. That recommendation comes by way of Cornell University researchers, who have modeled the statistical mechanics of, yes, zombies and will present their findings at a meeting of the American Physical Society on March 5 in San Antonio.

The researchers used a number of techniques that are used when modeling real diseases, and the abstract ends with this dismal line: "We build up to a full scale simulation of an outbreak in the United States, and discover that for 'realistic' parameters, we are largely doomed." But Phys.Org relays a glimmer of hope by way of Alex Alemi, a grad student involved in the research: He says those who want to remain safe from the undead for as long as they can should head to the northern Rockies.

He explains that while books and movies typically show an outbreak touching all corners of the country immediately, "in our attempt to model zombies somewhat realistically, it doesn't seem like this is how it would actually go down." Yes, major cities could be toast within days, but less populated areas could be unaffected for weeks, and the northern Mountain Time Zone could be safe for months.

"Given the dynamics of the disease, once the zombies invade more sparsely populated areas, the whole outbreak slows down—there are fewer humans to bite, so you start creating zombies at a slower rate," says Alemi.

"I'd love to see a fictional account where most of New York City falls in a day, but upstate New York has a month or so to prepare."

"Given the dynamics of the disease, once the zombies invade more sparsely populated areas, the whole outbreak slows down—there are fewer humans to bite, so you start creating zombies at a slower rate," says Alemi.

as if *any* other disease that can be transmitted from person to person would work differently ....

Personally I like better the conclusions of a known paper on the matter:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090701000000*/http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

In summary, a zombie outbreak is likely to lead to the collapse of civilisation, unless it

is dealt with quickly. While aggressive quarantine may contain the epidemic, or a cure may

lead to coexistence of humans and zombies, the most effective way to contain the rise of

the undead is to hit hard and hit often. As seen in the movies, it is imperative that zombies

are dealt with quickly, or else we are all in a great deal of trouble.

jaclaz 

I don't know if this would completely work against zombies ... I posted this link in another topic but it may be of some use ... if the zombies are scattered. A huge mass of zombies would probably be a problem.

From Amazon for $20,000 ... I think it has "free shipping" !

JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank

Carries cargo or a crew of up to five internally or on the roof.

Piloted from within the armored shell or from an exposed standing position through the hatch.

6hp Tecumseh gasoline engine, top speed 40 mph.

Includes head/tail and turn signal lights, trim and underbody lighting.

400 watt premium sound with PA system, plush interior, and external camera.

1 new from $19,999.95

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkadonk-Land-Cruiser-Tank/dp/B00067F1CE/ref=pd_sbs_misc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0T0J0TZ2165J514T3W0K

jaclaz ... you reported some time back that zombies were everywhere in Italy ... has anything changed, have they been driven into sea?

Edited by monroe

• 4 months later...

Meanwhile the US government wants to have people sign up for an sex offenders list for people owning certain weapons...like the big ones used to tame zombies. Then there was the purposely for the lessen loadable guns. That is so stupid to have an outbreak of any sort is dumb. If so I blame the same idiots who created AIDS. I mean thanks to fictional garbage like "Wayward Pines" and all kinds of nonsense.

There is no Zombie outbreak, if so the government is doing it on purpose. It would be stupid to think so about such things at all.

Edited by ROTS