.NET 3.5 SP1 help?

shorterxp

Hi all, try keep it short...

I require 3.5 SP1 straight onto XP SP2 (no prior .nets installed).

As you may know the offline installer is 256MB. I tried this.

For one it takes 10m to install and after restart the whole machine lags really bad depending on program. It is a old machine but my point is this slows it down.

SO I research for an alternative (preferably offline installer) via google to no avail.

One solution is:

The best way to get [...] 3.5 SP1 .NET Framework is with the 2.7 Meg "bootstrapper."  This will [...] only download what [you] need.

Source

I try this bootstrapper initiate this setup/web installer and get Setup Error (screeny) prior to 'downloading' prompt. Could be firewall, I'm using public wifi.

The download is 50mb, but I can't figure out how to simulate this 50mb with 256mb which I realize can be opened with winrar. When I attempted to install 3.5 SP1 alone it needs all the previous .net. which again takes 10mins+ to install manually -.-.

Anyone know where to derive this 50mb the web tries to DL?

p.s. I also tried 4.5 client profile but this doesn't install 3.5SP1!

Thanks in advance :wave:

You can also try to use - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12295-legacy-net-framework-aio-for-xp-x86-12-3-2014/ - NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 x86 plus updates already integrated specifically intended for install on XP x86.

Note: It will still take a while to install.  That's just the way .NET installers work.  AFAIK, they ALL take a long time to install.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt