Windows Task Scheduler Not Running Tasks

KaddirB

again just look at this to autostart it and then your done will all this chatter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/67503-task-create-run-program-startup-log.html

i just looked and its the same eveything is right enabled nothing wrong both installation and the schedule.bat is same settings so maybe the Queued should be at Ready but it does nothing there. it's my f.... machine i know its dead simple said other tasks are running fine.

did it work?

I mean the task is set properly, and quick startup is disabled as well...

normally everything should work.

um no i don't also see why power options would cause that but yes i disbled that and rebooted taskmanager empty no aerohost nor does it show transparent so i have to run manualy.

did it work?

I mean the task is set properly, and quick startup is disabled as well...

normally everything should work.

um no i don't also see why power options would cause that but yes i disbled that and rebooted taskmanager empty no aerohost nor does it show transparent so i have to run manualy.

it must be my machine i have been using it for 1 or 2 years so no wonder why i always get bad things happening always me! microsoft hates me  :(

as I said the quick boot is a windows feature that is a bit similar to hibernate but only saves the most basic thuigs as drivers etc. and that could get into problems with aero.

as I said the quick boot is a windows feature that is a bit similar to hibernate but only saves the most basic thuigs as drivers etc. and that could get into problems with aero.

aha well it was in hidden "Change settings that are currently unavailable" so yea but it did not fix that its just my laptop f... it i need mac or new laptop that simple stupid task scheduler thing you know whats weird even if i remove the Aero Glass task and reinstall it it still does not start at boot while every step it right.

@KaddirB

You say that Aero Glass works fine in your PC (including auto executing after a reboot?). Have you tried exporting the Aero Glass task in your PC (select Aero Glass task right click and export). This creates a .xml file. Give it a name. Copy it to your laptop. Delete the existing Aero Glass task on your laptop. Then right click Task Scheduler Library in the Task Scheduler in your laptop, choose Import Task and select your .xml file. If you have a link to schtasks.exe in your startup folder delete that so it doesn't interfere with the scheduled task. I am assuming that Aero Glass is in C:\AeroGlass in both your PC and laptop? If not, Aero Glass on your laptop needs to be in the same folder as on the PC for the .xml file to work.
Before you do this, compare the Aero Glass tasks in your PC and laptop for any differences. You might see something set correctly in the PC task that appears incorrect in the laptop task. If so, try changing it in the laptop task and this saves you copying it over. if you don't see any differences, copy it over anyway.
Reboot laptop. See if it autostarts.

All above -Task Scheduler must be run as admin.

Or try my task attached. My Aero Glass is in C:\AeroGlass.

Queued implies that you have another instance of aerohost.exe running. When the task is queued, do you see aerohost.exe running in task manager?

Aero Glass Task.xml

Edited by DrStrange

hi DrStrange

yes i tried this and i know there is an export .xml button i replaced it deleted imported it settings same all correct and there is no link for schtasks.exe and folders are right and there is no aeroshost.exe running in taskmanager.

post-400322-0-73442000-1418160477_thumb.

well I looked at the task yesterday as well, but there were no differences...

@KaddirB

You say that Aero Glass works fine in your PC (including auto executing after a reboot?). Have you tried exporting the Aero Glass task in your PC (select Aero Glass task right click and export). This creates a .xml file. Give it a name. Copy it to your laptop. Delete the existing Aero Glass task on your laptop. Then right click Task Scheduler Library in the Task Scheduler in your laptop, choose Import Task and select your .xml file. If you have a link to schtasks.exe in your startup folder delete that so it doesn't interfere with the scheduled task. I am assuming that Aero Glass is in C:\AeroGlass in both your PC and laptop? If not, Aero Glass on your laptop needs to be in the same folder as on the PC for the .xml file to work.

Before you do this, compare the Aero Glass tasks in your PC and laptop for any differences. You might see something set correctly in the PC task that appears incorrect in the laptop task. If so, try changing it in the laptop task and this saves you copying it over. if you don't see any differences, copy it over anyway.

Reboot laptop. See if it autostarts.

All above -Task Scheduler must be run as admin.

Or try my task attached. My Aero Glass is in C:\AeroGlass.

Queued implies that you have another instance of aerohost.exe running. When the task is queued, do you see aerohost.exe running in task manager?

i tried your aero glass.xml same settings as i said everything is correct there is something wrong with the pc or the task scheduler won't do it's job i found a software Fix My Task Scheduler i clicked on Fix it found 6 problems fixed it but still nothing its kind of like frozen task aero glass as you can see on the screenshot i sent you adobe softwares running fine as well as dolby selector intel interface etc.. im now trying some fix pc tools i found this path in regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Aero Glass

but i don't want to touh it im afraid something will happen so that it won't start at all!