any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

2 minutes ago, awkduck said:

For me, Links found it on it's own.

But for mTCP programs, it needs to be in "C:\mTCP\config.cfg" in front of "packetint" "packetint 0x7B"

Ok i put it and save the file. Next?

Copy wattcp.cfg from the Dillo folders "NET\DILLO\ETC". Put it in the same folder as LINKS.EXE. Edit wattcp.cfg. Find pkt.vector and change it to your PKTDRV interrupt "pkt.vector = 0xXX. Then try to run Links again. XX = whatever interrupt PKTDRV installed to.

For Dillo, place the Dillo folder in C: "C:\DILLO", edit "C:\DILLO\ETC\WATTCP.CFG" and change pkt.vector = 0x00 to the interrupt PKTDRV installed to. Then run "C:\DILLO\DILLO.BAT".

Here, this might help. Close any open MsDos Prompts. Open a new MsDos Prompt. Run DHCP, to test the next I.P. your network assigns.

It should be different then the one you have for Trumpet.

This is probably the problem you are having. Your firewall might be blocking the new I.P..

Also, you could run "C:\MTCP\PING.EXE 8.8.8.8".

Edited by awkduck

5 hours ago, awkduck said:

It is okay to set the mTCP config "SET MTCPCFG=C:\MTCP\CONFIG.CFG" in autoexec.bat.

You can just type it, or add it to autoexec.bat and reboot.

If you just type it, you need to use the same Prompt to run DHCP or PING. Once you close the prompt, the variable MTCPCFG with be lost. If it is in autoexec.bat, the variable will be available for all prompts.