KB2993928 Issues

Glenn9999

Did anyone else have any issues applying the file for KB2993928 on October 14 (aspnetmvc4-kb2993928.exe)?  I kept running the file and got nothing (and the patch still reported on Windows Update).  Eventually I downloaded the whole thing (AspNetMVC4.msi) and the patch notation got removed.

So is there a standing issue with this patch or is there something wrong with my computer that this didn't work?

Like Andre, Windows Update worked perfectly for me here on Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

However, I didn't seek this particular update out and I see I don't have KB2993928 installed as part of the normal Windows Update process, nor are any pending. 

Is this an update that only shows up if you have installed something in particular on your system?

-Noel

Is this an update that only shows up if you have installed something in particular on your system?

It showed up in my normal batch of updates.  I guess it's some component that another one of my programs require.  The full name of the thing is ASP.NET Model-View-Controller version 4.0 and described as such: "ASP.NET MVC 4 is a framework for building scalable, standards-based web applications using well-established design patterns and the power of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework. It installs side-by-side with ASP.NET MVC 3, so get started using it today!"

Since I don't know what would have been put on the system that called for it, I guess I can uninstall it and see what breaks and that would answer my question.

this is only installed if you have Visual Studio on your system. If you don't have the VS, you can remove the ASP.NET Model-View-Controller component.

It still reports on my system in Windows Update after I uninstalled it for some reason, and I don't have Visual Studio 2010.  I gathered from other searching that it sounded like some kind of run time associated with .NET in general, so perhaps it originally got installed that way.  But regardless, I can't say I deliberately installed this before.