Remove slipstreamed service packs from install disc

mollydogg

I was not a hardcore slipstreamer. I made a few discs but that was about it and that was quite a few years back. Before Vista, if that gives you any idea. So I'm definitely not well-versed on this subject.

What I'm facing is the need to reverse the process.

I'm working on an HP tc1100 that does not have the hardware to run any Windows OS besides XP. The only image I have that has XP for Tablet PC also has all the Service Packs slipstreamed. The problem with that is the chipset, audio & wireless drivers will not install on any OS except the original. The audio driver tells me that specifically and I'm guessing (assuming?) the wireless & chipset are the same issue.

I have not been able to find any of my old HP XP Home discs or, for that matter, any XP Home, Pro or other version discs. I don't know much about the tablet version of XP. There's not a lot of info out there that I have been able to find. I've just thought it was a version of Home with a pen input driver but I really don't know. That is, however, the product key that's on the computer.

Can nLite be used to un-slipstream an install disc?

Thanks for any help you can give.

M_D

It'd be easier to find the drivers for XP SP3 than to downgrade your install disc. I doubt it can even be done as I guess the SP is "integrated" in a way that previous files are most probably overwritten, not just set aside. In any case, nLite is not the tool you need.

Nope, sorry... It's a slipstreamer/tweaker only.

Your only alternative is to find an "untrammeled" XP at (e.g.) Amazon or eBay.

Tablet version is basically an XP Pro (not home) with Tablet Features. If the Key is on that then -potentially- it should install and you just get the correct drivers for it and install the instead.

I will -assume- that you "version" is an OEM "image"? "Service Packs slipstreamed" doesn't sound "right" to me - maybe you mean "some hotfixes" along with hardware-specific drivers (since OEM's sometimes do that)?

edit - Strange... this lists all of the XP's (along with Win2000) -

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?sp4ts.oid=376812&ac.admitted=1399754921377.876444892.492883150

Edited by submix8c