Fireball over NY and Canada - Anybody See This

Monroe

Just curious if any members saw this ...

Fireball over NY and Canada

May 05, 2014

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25433224/fireball-over-ny-and-canada

NEW YORK

People across Western New York and Ontario Canada reported seeing an extremely bright daylight fireball.

Several people caught images of the bright object appearing to explode on dashboard cameras in their cars.

It happened Sunday at about 4:16 p.m. and people said the object had a brightness rivaling the sun.

The American Meteor Society is investigating the incident.

People also reported hearing a loud boom. No impact zone has been located so its unclear if any part of the object made it all the way down to the Earth's surface.

This incident came a day before the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. NASA says the annual springtime event happens as the earth passes through the debris trail from Halley’s Comet.  It takes place May 5 and 6th.

Just curious if any members saw this ...

Fireball over NY and Canada

May 05, 2014

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25433224/fireball-over-ny-and-canada

NEW YORK

People across Western New York and Ontario Canada reported seeing an extremely bright daylight fireball.

Several people caught images of the bright object appearing to explode on dashboard cameras in their cars.

It happened Sunday at about 4:16 p.m. and people said the object had a brightness rivaling the sun.

The American Meteor Society is investigating the incident.

People also reported hearing a loud boom. No impact zone has been located so its unclear if any part of the object made it all the way down to the Earth's surface.

This incident came a day before the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. NASA says the annual springtime event happens as the earth passes through the debris trail from Halley’s Comet.  It takes place May 5 and 6th.

Unfortunently I did not see something that cool. I wish I could of though. Also did you see this specter @Monroe?

Flasche ... in answer to your question, I did not see the event ... live in PA.

A little off topic but it's not important since I started this thing. How was the camping trip to West Point ? ... sounds like a cool thing to be doing ... so much early history there and later also, but the early stuff is interesting ... "West Point is a United States federal military reservation established by Thomas Jefferson in 1802." ... from Wikipedia.

Flasche ... in answer to your question, I did not see the event ... live in PA.

A little off topic but it's not important since I started this thing. How was the camping trip to West Point ? ... sounds like a cool thing to be doing ... so much early history there and later also, but the early stuff is interesting ... "West Point is a United States federal military reservation established by Thomas Jefferson in 1802." ... from Wikipedia.

It was fun. Of course since we (Me and other scouts) were at a military camp, they made us do a little PT. While there I did see something in the sky, but not a fireball :( . (Paratroopers) They put up a little show for us showing their training procedures, it was kind of scary for they changed the normal enemies (Terrorists 'was there last year too') to Russians  :blink:  . It was fun, but I'm glad to be back in my home away from the mud, in PA.