4 inch amoebas

Flasche

jaclaz ... man, where do you come up with this stuff? ... now we have amoebas in space! ... no water and deep cold but they sure look like amoebas. Something you might see under the microscope except these "objects" have to be larger to be seen by human eyes ... interesting, not much comment from the people on board as they were watching. Have to be some kind of "space junk" ... maybe yes, maybe no.

Edited by monroe

OT, but if space life is your interest monroe then you should read into the tardigrade. Its the most resilient animal on the planet. It can even survive space. I would provide a video, but I'm currently at school.

Tardigrades ... never heard of them but very interesting and hardy animals as you said.

http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&source=hp&q=tardigrade&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1

Tardigrades (also known as waterbears or moss piglets) ... they do look like waterbears or moss piglets.

Meet the toughest animal on the planet: The water bear that can survive being frozen or boiled, float around in space and live for 200 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2280286/Meet-toughest-animal-planet-The-water-bear-survive-frozen-boiled-float-space-live-200-years.html

Thanks for the information.

extra ...

How to Find and Care for a Pet Tardigrade ( Water Bear )

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-and-Care-for-a-Pet-Tardigrade-(-Water-Bear-)

Tardigrades ( Water Bears ) live in moss and ferns. They are some of the most amazing animals on Earth. They can survive:

* Temperatures as low as -200 °C (-328 °F) and as high as 151 °C (304 °F);

* Freezing in a block of ice,

* Lack of oxygen,

* Lack of water for as long as decade(s).

* Levels of X-ray radiation 1000x the lethal human dose,

* Most noxious chemicals,

* Boiling alcohol,

* Low pressure of a vacuum; like that of space,

* And high pressure (up to 6x the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean).

They may be microscopic, but are very cool!

Edited by monroe

OT, but if space life is your interest monroe then you should read into the tardigrade. Its the most resilient animal on the planet. It can even survive space. I would provide a video, but I'm currently at school.

Here's that video I was talking about.

Biology is cool. I really want to be a microbiologist.

EDIT: of I would like to point one more thing about the Moss piglet. You extremely underestimated the power of the tardigrade. they can last 120 years without water or food, and probably even more.

Edited by Flasche