cant boot from SATA Drive!

Weed

hello pplz,

plz i need help urgently

after the Filecopy Progress i cant boot from the SATA Drive!! :)

i tried to set SCSI on 1st Boot Device in BIOS but that doesnt work :rolleyes:

iam always installed WinXP on SATA Drive...

its the 1st time that Windows can copy the BOOTFILES on SATA Drive...WinXP has always needed a Partition on IDE to copy the BOOTFILES cuz the SATA is incompatible

but now i wasnt asked 4 a Partition on IDE for the BOOTFILES

i have an Asus A7n8x deluxe rev2 MB

i have too an Dawicontrol IDE Controller...i tried to remove this too but no luck :D

PS.: isnt it possible to boot from SATA when using a IDE Controller?

my bios is up to date...

b4 i was able to boot but the Bootfiles wasnt on a SATA Partitions

WinXP had always copied the Bootfiles on IDE Partitions, it was impossible to install WInXP if i only had a SATA HDD and no IDE HDD but it was OK cuz i have 4 IDE HDD?s :)

and now after i have removed one IDE HDD Drive from my System, WinXP wasnt able to boot...Ok then i have deletet my IDE Bootpartition and SATA Systempartiton and wanted to install WinXP

i made a 8GB Sata Partition for System and a 200MB IDE Partition for the Bootfiles...

but now WinXP doesnt have copied the Bootfiles on the IDE Partition :D

btw. Knoppix rulez :rolleyes: iam using it right now :D

yeah the sata drive was working, it wasnt able to boot but i was able to install winxp on sata

u know? on the Partitions Screen in WinXP Setup i always created a 200MB IDE partition and 8gb sata partition

then i clicked on the 8gb part. and winxp automatically copied the bootfiles to the 200mb part.

dont understand why bill gates is now able to copy the bootfiles to the sata part. =)

knoppix is great if u have problems on ur computer, like me :)

btw. what if i copy the bootfiles from the sata manuelly to my 200mb part. ? does it work ? o_O <- i love this :rolleyes:

do you have a setup disk that came with your SATA drives?

friend of mine had similar problems.. he sorted it by downloading some tools from his drive manufacturers website, not entirely sure what as i wasnt there and havent had to setup a SATA system from scratch yet.

note i said yet... will be soon, reeeeally looking forward to that, not.

soo. i have solved my problem :)

winxp doesnt have copied the bootfiles to my 200MB IDE Partition cuz the Partition was "Logical" and not "Primary"...Logical cant boot!

but i still want to have my Bootfiles in my 8GB Sata partition...

i have an Seagate 3120026AS...i dont have any Setup Disk...and on the Homepage i doesnt find any DOS tools that can solve this problem..

Are you loading the SATA controller drivers using the F6 method at the beginning of the setup portion? As long as Windows has real-mode drivers and the BIOS supports booting off of the SATA controller you should have no problems. I have never had to have a standard IDE hooked up in orded to install Windows onto a SATA or RAID controller drive(s).

Blyster

i have integrated my drivers in windows xp cd..so i dont need to press F6 :)

of course the partition was set as active,but still cant boot

in BIOS i have set also 1st boot device - SCSI...there is nothing with SATA so it must be SCSI

iam also using an Dawicontrol IDE Controller...does the Bios search for the Bootharddisc in SATA and in the IDE Controller? or its going in conflict cuz both r recognized as SCSI and cant boot from both? i have removed my Controller too but still cant boot

I would try using the F6 method on an unmodified windows CD without the use of the IDE drive. The problem you are having seems to be that the real-mode driver is not being loaded properly(the one you integrated into the CD - May not have been integrated properly). Try this and see if it alleviates your problems.

Blyster