How are the permit and driver license tests?

Flasche

Hey y'all I got a serious question, how are the permit and driver license tests. Soon I'll be 16 and be able to drive. I have the driver's manual and everything, and just wanted to know if their is anything I should absolutely know. (except parallel parking :D)

EDIT: not sure if my browser glitched and posted this thread 3 times or If It just showed me three threads??? Maybe the server glitched I dont know?

Edited by Flasche

Well, I'm 32 years old, and I can't remember what it was like taking my test (memory is foggy). I took the test one time and passed, and every time I have to get my liscense renewed, I have to go and wait in line for an hour just to take another mug shot. Pass it once, and your home free! Just remember to renew it before it expires. Make sure you're good at parallel parking, and listening to the instructor person, and drive slow while he/she is in the car. Don't go over the speed limit while taking the test. Don't run into any cones either :-)

Edited by LostInSpace2012

Keep both hands on the wheel, and always signal and look all ways carefully before any turn. Anticipate that the other driver is going to do something stupid. Watch out for pedestrians, they'll probably be talking to someone else or texting so they won't be looking out for you. Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Driving something, or anything for the first time, is a thrilling feeling. That is all I have to say, my father drove his first vehicle when he was 12, my mom was like 25 something, and I was like 27 or something like that. It is better to get it over and done with, when your more younger, because it makes you a better driver, to gain experience.

If you plan to get auto-insurance starting early is good too. You can use it, when you are your parents does taxes, as well, or at least your parents. I use to like the idea of driving but nowadays, they have all kinds of radars/cameras, and cars that can detect speedways, hospital zones. So owning a newer car, can be annoying. It is great to get things like this out of the way, plus you also get your ID ASAP, which is embarrassing, and annoying not to have, when you want to buy cool ( it rhymes with cruel ) stuff, or deal with the law, and money.

The written exams are stupid, if you ever read up on the stuff, or know it by heart. Otherwise practicing does not hurt. What hurts is how much it all cost, but when your making your money, you will forget about this, and look at the bright side, your still considered a minor. Just remember never ever drive drunk, because the courts will attempt to nail you to the wall, like yesterdays news, and might even give you a messed up sentence.

Edited by ROTS