Windows XP SP2 slipstream

daywalker03

In case anyone was thinking about it, I have actually slipstreamed Windows XP SP2 RC1 into my Windows XP Professional CD. All that I used for the first test was the Service Pack. The disk that I burned is 612MB.

GM, I believe you can add that to the list, if you want to. My next test will be to add the dotnet framework and a few other things.

xpcreate will add sp2,.NET framework,movie maker 2, journal viewer,Highmat CD Support, Baseline security analyser just fine. The methods used to slipstream sp2 into the installation point didnt change since sp1 so xpcreate handles it just fine. Nothing has changed

Blyster

Hate to burst your bubble ... of course it works! I have not tried the "few other things" yet, and am surprised that they are not included by default. However, apart from slipstreaming the RC1, I will not be experimenting with it too much until the it is out of beta, and Released To Web. What will be more interesting to see is the post SP2 Type I Hotfixes.

Thanks for that, and please post what ever else you discover.

(Geez, 3 posts snuck in in the 10 minutes I take to type a few lines. Must be gettin' old ... )

@daywalker I could have sworn i saw Movie Maker 2 listed on the windows update after a fresh install of xpsp2. I may have just been seeing things though, no biggie.

@AirMaleDWF Out of all the things that it could have been, i had misnamed svcpack.inf. Pretty stupid thing to do, but after looking at things so long, you tend to overlook the obvious

Blyster

hello someone?

anyone want to remove that ?

anyways why don't u slipstream it yourself?

go grab sp2 and /integrate or hmm u lazy?

or yea u don't have legit xp?

about mm2 I don't know :) i edited the inf anyways even if its in sp2 or not.