For those who spend hours perday infront of PC

roger04

I have worked for over 10 years with computers, and no glasses or headaches here either. At one time, I worked with 7 monitors very near me (monitoring those old, washing-machine like servers), and that was for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for about 3 1/2 years. No ill effects or anything else.

As someone mentioned, it WAS those Green/amber monitors (circa 1984) that did not have anti-glare screen coverings, lead protection or degaussing coils within. Those were the ones that consumed as much power as a small radiator, and they generated a lot of EMI, and heat.

Those were really harmful, gladly the technology has advanced and that is not the case any more. The ones made now consume less power than a Home Theater and don't generate as much heat as the older ones did.

Computers won't kill you, cell phones will. They cause cancer and brain tumors, that's why i never use a cell phone or cordless phone. You all laugh at me now but see who's still alive 20 years from now.

-gosh

• 2 weeks later...

No one can prove cell phones cause anything (except aggravation when they can't find service) Its a lot like CDr life projections. (100years or whatever). No one has lived long enough to know.

I spend hours upon hours infront of my pc. I've done so for about 6 years. And I only suffer 1 side-effect,...No social life :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with JasonDec72. No social life. Here's my schedule (I'm on summer break right now, but as of 2 weeks ago): wake up, go to class, use my comp, go to lunch, use my comp, go to class, use my comp, go home, use my comp, talk on phone with my girlfriend while using my comp, go to bed. Then only time I'm not on my computer is when I'm: eating, driving, and sleeping.

I'm better now. I go ride my bike at least 4 times a week, and I go to work. I just stay up till 4 am on my computer :)