Office Shrink Program

Can't seem to get this to work. What am I doing wrong? I have a clean XP built machine with office files at c:\officexp When I run the shrink.exe file I get past the first couple of stages till it asks for the name of the install exe. By default this is entered: "setuppls.exe" Now, I don't know about anyone else's version of Office XP but in my one there is no setuppls.exe. I do, however, have a setup.exe file but when I put that in I get a message that says file not found. Any advice would be much appreciated - I really want to get this on the cd. :)

@dint10: i dont know what the problem is, but i am in the process of phasing out this version. go to the office 2k3 link in my profile and try that one. it has a better routine for selecting files. and it works for office 2k, xp, and 2k3.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The exe file is a compiled AutoIt script. What it does is it removes (essentially) all the files from the Office installer package, runs it, and when it asks for a certain file the AutoIt script copies it back. Office will pop up an error message for every file it needs, and the script just needs to pull the filename from the window and use the copy command. Pretty easy. You could do this manually if you wanted, but there are over 4000 files in the original installer.

Also, the newer version is in the previous post....

go HERE

That will work for office 2000, office 2k3 and office XP. This program is old and outdated.