Counter-Strike Console command help

Carmon

heya guys i wondering dus anyone know how to play sound files on a Server i seen it happen but i love to know how? also i cud do with list of help commands :) thx bunches if u can help

-]CHRIS[-

p.s What Server dus anyone go on?

i used to have all the command lines for cs.

i had found them on the internet. a simple search will get u there u know that :)

sprays i think they have to be bmp and have 256 color.

that's what i remember, what when i constantly played cs.

now delete that cs folder and play desertcombat.!

i'd love to help but i've deleted all my bookmarks (well actually not deleted them i've 1000s of them, and not organized so i can't really find anything in there)

and i'm down to a 56k (which is actually slower than 56k) so i can't really go and search for u, i'll try searching in 8hrs (from the comp labs) if u can wait :)

or search yourself :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

hehe little late to the show but what the heck...you can find most the commands if not all the commands currently in CS at planet half life....you can also vist counter script as well....is there a command or var your needing help with? if so I can probably help out...hehe I'm one of the more well known scripters out there for Quake engine games...tho I don't play CS...and I'll reserve my view & comments on it..

Sounds are normallly played by the command "play" followed by the file or the path & file. Thats client side only.

If I recall correctly HL has a command "speak" that can broadcast a number or words and letters and numbers tho if I recall it also had a mildly quirky syntax...ether way both of those should be covered at the above mentioned sites.

Best of luck

Not sure if you have everything solved by now. I rarely get around to reading the forum, but I am the local guru for CS with my pals. I too have quit playing due to all the **** cheaters, but I can definately get you the spray making utils and I have 2 text files for commands. One server side and one client side. If interested I will upload it to my site for a download. Email to KnifeReaper at Earthlink.net your reply, as I may not be back too soon. I have 5 PC's I am currently working on and they just seem to keep pouring in.

Reaper

On HL colour sprays:

1. Draw the spray you want in your favourite drawing package - dimensions are important. 144x80 is the maximum but the dimensions must be divisible by 16 to look right in the game, so 128x64 or 64x128 are the biggest practical sizes. Pure blue [0000FF] will come out transparent in the finished decal. Save the picture as a 24-bit .bmp file.

2. Go here and download Wally.

3. Run Wally, and go to Wizard->HL Color Decal, then go straight to Source Image->File on Hard Drive, and open the .bmp file you saved earlier. This will create the decal file.

4. Go to File->Save as... and save the decal in your cstrike folder. Assuming you're playing CS 1.6, the decal file should be named tempdecal.wad and saved in c:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\your@email.com\Counter-Strike\cstrike.

5. It's a good idea to make the decal file read-only, otherwise it'll tend to be overwritten when you go into the options in-game.

Have fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have other question...

In some servers can't put the custom logo, you can say to the admin it, and the admin can activate this option...

I usually enter in a Server in who i can't put my logo, and i answered it to the admin, and he accep to activate this option, but he don't know who activate this option...

Please, if you known who activate this option in a server that can't put custom logos, please, I didn't know the command for it...

Thanks for all.

Souf

Sorry for my english...

Hello, I have other question...

In some servers can't put the custom logo, you can say to the admin it, and the admin can activate this option...

I usually enter in a Server in who i can't put my logo, and i answered it to the admin, and he accep to activate this option, but he don't know who activate this option...

Please, if you known who activate this option in a server that can't put custom logos, please, I didn't know the command for it...

Thanks for all.

Souf

Sorry for my english...