Post-SP2 Updates for Office 2010 (Updated 14 NOV 2015)

something is wrong.

I have the office 2010 standard x86 sp2 integrated installed here and from windows update I see 28 updates for office 2010. with the wud and this updated list I see 40 updates, ignoring the update packs and installations.. whats up with these updates?

The Office 2013 list has 40 updates - do you have that one selected?

May I put these files in the "Updates" folder to create an up-to-date installer? If yes, should I delete sp2 files first?

You need to extract the msp files from the downloaded files first before placing in the updates folder.

SP2 files need to there too.

Be aware that SP2 needs to installed before the post SP2 updates.  The files in the updates folder are applied in alphabetical order so you may need to adjust the SP2 filenames so that they get applied first.

why lists marked as ENU? the updates inside named as fullfile-glb, so it's multilanguage updates, isn't it?

99% of the updates are global and will work on any version, but there are a few that are English only updates.

Any news on the update for december for the office lists ? office 2010/2013 ?

Thanks in advance.

PS:

Ekke, All the packages should work with the language that you need i think, just integrate them with the suite that you have and you shouldn't have any problem.

• 1 month later...

You need to extract the msp files from the downloaded files first before placing in the updates folder.

SP2 files need to there too.

Be aware that SP2 needs to installed before the post SP2 updates.  The files in the updates folder are applied in alphabetical order so you may need to adjust the SP2 filenames so that they get applied first.

I downloaded all the 11 "security" and 30 "non-security" updates from your list (x86, 18 jan 2015), extracted the msp files, and placed them in the Updates folder of my Office setup. Of course, I adjusted the filenames so that the SP2 files were installed first.

Everything works fine, but Windows Update is still asking for 1 update: this one.

Why is it not in the list?

I downloaded all the 11 "security" and 30 "non-security" updates from your list (x86, 18 jan 2015), extracted the msp files, and placed them in the Updates folder of my Office setup. Of course, I adjusted the filenames so that the SP2 files were installed first.

Everything works fine, but Windows Update is still asking for 1 update: this one.

Why is it not in the list?

That was in the list, but must have been deleted somewhere along the line.  It only applies to the 32 bit version of office and as I run x64 it wasn't noticed.  I'll add it back into the x86 list when I update it in about two weeks. 

That was in the list, but must have been deleted somewhere along the line.  It only applies to the 32 bit version of office and as I run x64 it wasn't noticed.  I'll add it back into the x86 list when I update it in about two weeks.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

This list is a huge time-saver.

• 3 months later...

I am sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but I have just found your site, and I am hoping someone, can inform me on how I can use the "office2010-sp2-x86.ulz" files, as I need to download and keep up today the office 2010 application at work,

I see that MS Office has about 52 updates, and patch's after the release of SP2,   and I have a few standalone machines that I need to update, and also to import the update into WDS.

Go to the site http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/ProgramFiles.aspx and download the latest version of Windows Updates Downloader.

Then you should be able to open the office2010-sp2-x86.ulz

For more detailed explanation on Windows Updates Downloader refer http://www.ghacks.net/2008/07/20/windows-updates-downloader/

Edited by desbaron

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I found this thread regarding Office 2010 Updates which was good news for me as I was not being advised in Windows Updates of any updates for the product.

Followed the guidance to get the Windows Update Downloader and then got 58 Updates associated with the 'x64.ulz' file.

I then saw the advice to use 'nLite' to carry out the installation of the numerous files but when I start 'nLite' having installed it I get a message asking me to make sure that i have either the i386 or AMD64 files in the selected folder, while 'nLite' is for a pre-installation environment only and it cannot modify an existing installation.

So can anyone advise me please how I go about installing the 58 files I just got, as I am a 'newbie' to this 'operation'?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I found this thread regarding Office 2010 Updates which was good news for me as I was not being advised in Windows Updates of any updates for the product.

Followed the guidance to get the Windows Update Downloader and then got 58 Updates associated with the 'x64.ulz' file.

I then saw the advice to use 'nLite' to carry out the installation of the numerous files but when I start 'nLite' having installed it I get a message asking me to make sure that i have either the i386 or AMD64 files in the selected folder, while 'nLite' is for a pre-installation environment only and it cannot modify an existing installation.

So can anyone advise me please how I go about installing the 58 files I just got, as I am a 'newbie' to this 'operation'?

Thanks 

Each update can be installed by running it.  You may want to script it to install all updates in one go using the /quiet /norestart switches.

(To integrate the updates into the installation media, extract the msp files and place them in the Updates folder.  Any patches placed in this folder will be applied during initial install only.)

Full list of supported switches for the patches is as follows:

/extract:[path]

Extracts the content of the package to the path folder. If a path is not specified, a Browse dialog box appears.

/log:[path of log file]

Enables verbose logging for the update installation. You must also include the file name in addition to the path information. The command does not create a folder. Therefore, you must use an existing folder name. In addition to the specified file name, a separate log file is created for each .MSI file that you run.

/lang:lcid

Sets the user interface to the specified locale when multiple locales are available in the package.

/quiet

Runs the package in silent mode.

/passive

Runs the update without requiring user interaction.

/norestart

Prevents prompts to the user when a restart of the computer is needed.

/forcerestart

Forces a restart of the computer when the update is complete.

/?

/h

/help

Displays a help message.