2 tweaks to configure

coucou

Hello,

Last week, I installed my unattended Win7 64 bits. It works like a charm :D TNX to MSZFN help and supports :thumbup

However, I've 2 more tweaks to configure.

1) Although I've installed a RegTweaks and SetACL (see here bellow attached file), still I've not all the rights (see here bellow attached image) to Run, Copy, Move... to "Run as Admin" or right-click "Take Ownership".

Is anyhow to get the full rights always?

2) My machine is a desktop, I'm not Wifi connected, I'm cable network connected (higher speed). As time to time I've to be NOT connected. The network connexion properties has no "Enable" button (see here bellow attached image) , so, I've to physically disconnect and connect the cable from my machine.

Is anyhow to add a connexion buttons like the Wifi?

Regards

MyTweaks_64.reg

SetACL_full.cmd

post-11791-0-74343500-1372268082_thumb.j

post-11791-0-63429300-1372269591_thumb.j

Edited by coucou

2) My machine is a desktop, I'm not Wifi connected, I'm cable network connected (higher speed). As time to time I've to be NOT connected. The network connexion properties has no "Enable" button (see here bellow attached image) , so, I've to physically disconnect and connect the cable from my machine.

Is anyhow to add a connexion buttons like the Wifi?

What happens when you click on the "Disable" button in the center of the window you posted a screenshot?

1. It vanishes in thin air
  2. The text in it changes by sheer magic into "Enable"
  3. Something else (please specify)

What happens when right clicking on the connection entry?

http://www.cavsi.com/questionsanswers/how-to-enable-or-disable-a-network-adapter/

jaclaz

On my Unattended installs I always use a "Autounattend.xml" file and setup the computer as the Default Administrator,

under the OOBE section, that way you always have full rights and avoid the run as admin problems..I have a batch file

where you can toggle your connection on/off, if you want I can post it for you..DP

TNX jaclaz and DosProbie for yr help ;)

1) To have full unrestricted access rights and permission on my computer, I've enabled the Built-in Elevated Administrator Account by uncheck the "Account is disabled" and "Password never expires" box in "Administrator Properties".

And turned Off UAC notifications completely to "Never notify" as the here bellow reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000000

Although the here above addon, still the machine ask for Run, Copy, Move... to "as Admin" or right-click "Take Ownership". Is it because I'm using 64-bit IE10 ?

2). Believe me or not I've tested what jaclaz advise here above. It wouldn't works :wacko::blushing:

I tested it right now... it works like a charm :thumbup

However, It is possible to add "Manage network connections" shortcuts to Start/"Connect to" as WinXP?

Kind regards

Edited by coucou

?

"Start->Connect To" is good for Dialup Connections (maybe a WiFi? I don't have that hardware).

Are you referring to having a "Networks Connections" (or in Win7 "Manage Network Connections") Shortcut in your "not-Classic" Start Menu? In XP, all you have to do is right-click and "Create Shortcut" (wherever it may be created) and put it in the "Start Menu" folder (or subfolder) as you choose. This is AFTER install and not an "unattended" thing.

(Note: I use "classic" and that would be in you Taskbar And Start Menu options.)

Maybe that can help you about UAC, I use this registry file:

Disable UAC

More help:

UAC Group Policy Settings and Registry Key Settings

1 - Inside your SetACL_full.cmd we can see Administartors and Administrateurs !?

2 - About takeownership inside your registry file MyTweaks_64.reg:

For English is (y for: yes):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

For French language (o for : oui):

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d o && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d o && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

TNX myselfidem for yr help and sorry for the delay. I was out.

Maybe that can help you about UAC, I use this registry file:

Disable UAC

Checked everything is a same except the following missed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"HideFastUserSwitching"=dword:00000000

1 - Inside your SetACL_full.cmd we can see Administartors and Administrateurs !?
I've English and French language installed. So, during the UA install, only the correct language is installed.
2 - About takeownership inside your registry file MyTweaks_64.reg:

For English is (y for: yes):

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

For French language (o for : oui):

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d o && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d o && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

Registry checked, I installed the French command.

Regards

Hi,

I finally caught the troublemaker: Loaris Trojan Remover.

It scan the machine on every startup, it detect the UAC as an Hijack and fix it (see here bellow image).

I don't know how to exclude files, folders, registry to be ignored when Loaris scan.

gjjz.jpg

Edited by coucou

I don't know how to exclude files, folders, registry to be ignored when Loaris scan.

That's good, if it was possible to do that, then it would become a non secure solution. :whistle:

Seriously, WHY (the heck) do you want to have a tool (BTW of very dubious reputation) that automatically runs? :unsure:

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz,

Given the bad experience that I had with trojans, I use Loaris to get greater security. In addition, Loaris is deemed to be the best anti-trojan market.

So, as my machine has just been cleaned from Trojan, I'll stop scan every startup.

Regards

Given the bad experience that I had with trojans, I use Loaris to get greater security.

Or to think having greater security. :unsure:

In addition, Loaris is deemed to be the best anti-trojan market.

Deemed by whom/where? :w00t:

Mind you I have NO idea about the actual reliability of the specific thingy, it is very possible that it actually is the third best thing in life (after ice cream and sliced bread) but anyway tagging it outright as "best" is IMHO a bit "uphill".

jaclaz