canon MP250 & windows 98?

zuko1

I'm trying to get my Canon MP250 printer to work with windows 98se but with no luck so far. There is no driver out there for this particular printer so i tried to make an older Canon driver work (MP800) by editing the INF file for the driver but with no luck (i'm not that good at editing INF files to be honest) so i was wondering if there's a universal printer driver that gives limited usability to any printer or a driver that actually works with this printer? I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try :)

I'm trying to get my Canon MP250 printer to work with windows 98se but with no luck so far. There is no driver out there for this particular printer so i tried to make an older Canon driver work (MP800) by editing the INF file for the driver but with no luck (i'm not that good at editing INF files to be honest) so i was wondering if there's a universal printer driver that gives limited usability to any printer or a driver that actually works with this printer? I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try :)

Instead of editing the INF, you may be able to just add the printer as an MP800 (no, I haven't looked at how good a choice you've made in selecting this particular driver for your MP250) via Start/Settings/Printers/AddPrinter. I'm using an iR-ADV-C5045 (over a network) by pretending it's an iR-C3220.

Joe,