Error when sending scanned document from brother printer to computer e

bookie32

Hi Guys!

I have aproblem trying to scan and then send to computer email from a Brother DCP9010printer.

I have goneinto settings for this printer and it is set to open Outlook 2010 but it readsthe document and then throws up roughly the following error:

"Eitherthere is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill themessaging request" error message when you send e-mail from third-partyprogram in Outlook…

This messageis in Swedish, but that doesn't matter lol…

I havechecked settings and Outlook is supposed to be set to the default email program…

This iswhere I don't understand what could have happened…I have just bought a newcomputer and set it up for the customer installing her required software etc.

I installedMicrosoft Office 2010 Standard for Small Businesses 64bit version…theinstallation didn't give any errors until the software from Brother seemed tocause a hiccup..

On googlingfor the error I was led to this info:

When Ichecked under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\...

There wasno Microsoft Outlook…there was a listing for Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail…butno Outlook?

I ranrepair of Outlook and low and behold there was a listing for Microsoft Outlookafter the repair?!

I thenretried the Scanning to computer email from the printer, but the same errorcame up?

The infostates that I should remove the subkey, but which is the subkey of all thedirectories under the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\MicrosoftOutlook…

There arethe following:

Capabilities

Envelope

Installinfo

Protocols

Shell

Or do Ijust remove the whole of Microsoft Outlook and then restart Outlook?

I am justwondering why Microsoft Outlook didn't exist before running repair and thenaccording to the info I remove it and then run repair again….just seems like awaste of time…

Can someonegive me some feedback on this, please!

bookie32

64bit Office is discouraged from being installed because there are compatibility issues with it and other programs. I'm not sure if it is related to your issue, but I would try using 32bit Office instead.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/002500/000060/faq002560_000.html?reg=us∏=dcp8080dn_us&c=us〈=en

ControlCenter3 doesn't support the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010.