windows 8 boot dvd

basilico

Hello everyone, I have the installation DVD of Windows 8, but when I try to boot from DVD, nothing happens, or rather it seems to boot but they are still labeled as init boot if I put the cd in windows 7 it works .. Now I have heard of EFI is not something that has to do?

You can see if UEFI boot is enabled in the BIOS. I notice on some hardware, when using UEFI boot, the video disappears after the "Loading Files" progressbar. I have yet to find a solution for that problem.

It might be helpful if you could post what hardware you are using.

You can see if UEFI boot is enabled in the BIOS. I notice on some hardware, when using UEFI boot, the video disappears after the "Loading Files" progressbar. I have yet to find a solution for that problem.

I have a gigabyte motherboard 8st667. UEFI boot in bios there. But at this point I can not install windows 8? there is some remedy?

I understand the problem, the disc is in udf format is not read in the dvd player. If I try to create a disc that I said that the file install.win amount exceeds the 2GB and so you have to create a disc udf .. But how is this possible?

Apparently WIn8 can't be installed on a GPT formatted drive if the computer uses BIOS. It must use UEFI.

Also Win8 won't install on a computer using UEFI if the hard drive is formatted MBR. It must be GPT

In other words:

GPT UEFI - yes.

MBR BIOS - yes

Otherwise - no.

Out of the box, if using GPT format (even on a BIOS level), Windows 8 is going to automatically create the MSR and boot partitions. In this case, if you are using GPT on BIOS, you'd get a 2TB max GPT volume (even if the disk is larger) but the OS won't be able to boot because Windows 8 cannot write the boot files for a GPT disk on BIOS. But it is possible to manually install Windows 8 (not using Setup, but using DISM) to a GPT disk on BIOS, as long as the two other partitions aren't created. That, however, isn't a supported method of installing an OS on GPT.