Cmedia 9761A

Rjecina

From time to time I am sure that there is question on this site about Cmedia 9761A audio drivers for Windows 7, but using google or bing it is not possible to search MSFN because of MBO popularity in Windows 98 section so my question is:

It is possible using any audio drivers to have sound in Windows 7 with ASRock 775i65G MBO without buying sound card ?

Thanks for help

What is the Hardware ID of the device? You can find this on the Details tab in the Properties in Device Manager. It is possible that you can find a Vista or Windows 7 driver for it from another provider, or even in DriverPacks.net.

Intel 865 chipset sound drivers have been created only for Windows 98, ME,2000 and XP. In hardware reality this is only Intel chipset which support all Windows with official drivers and more or less modern computer configuration (4 cores etc), but there is no sound support for Windows Vista/7.

Nothing of driverspack. Torrent is not option, rapidshare version is deleted

Edited by Rjecina

You could also try the one on your site in Compatibility Mode, as nitroshift suggested.

Edit: I opened the driver package from the AsRock website and found (in CMICHX.INF) it supports ICH2, ICH4, ICH5 and ICH6. AFAIK, Intel's 865 chipset should stack with ICH5. One more thing, I read on some forum (I think it was Dell) you need to install chipset drivers first, so it's good to have that in mind

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt