MS declares gadgets a security flaw

vinifera

Microsoft is announcing the availability of an automated Microsoft Fix it solution that disables the Windows Sidebar and Gadgets on supported editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7

anyone find this funny after so many years ?

one of crown features of NT 6 just got dumped on, or should I say dumped off -_-

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2719662

Edited by vinifera

I find it unbelievable that they may never fix it. I think in the patch Tuesdaysof coming months, there should be a proper security patch. MS is under contract to provide patches for security vulnerabilities and risks for supported OSes. This "advisory" with a workaround is just temporary I believe.

^^ Yeah that came to my mind when I read about this gadget related news but Windows 2000 was late in the lifecycle then, Windows 7 is still current, so I suspect they will at least fix it for Windows 7, if not Vista.Although MS has never been so evil as today's MS. Today's MS is peak of evil, so they may not create a patch at all.

Edited by xpclient

I guess the only "evil" MS should fire is mr. Sinofsky. He literally p***es on 17 years of Windows philosophy, just to please the shareholders. He should think twice about his "strategy"...it will back-fire into his face. :whistle:

I guess the only "evil" MS should fire is mr. Sinofsky. He literally p***es on 17 years of Windows philosophy, just to please the shareholders. He should think twice about his "strategy"...it will back-fire into his face. :whistle:

The other evil people who should get fired are those higher than him who approve of his evil decisions like Ballmer and those in charge of the User Experience who designed this joke like Julie Larson Green.In fact she's one single person responsible for ruining Office with the Ribbon and no choice/backward compatibility of toolbars/menus where it could have been there as an optional Ribbon tab, and now Windows with Metro.

Edited by xpclient