Corrupt XP Files

DraXoin

I have tried out Nlite for the first time and I must say it is brilliant :) It must work as I have read other posts who have had success. The only thing ( after making several new coasters ) is that no matter how I configure it, I always get the message

" Low disk space/low memory or Xp install files are corrupt, cannot continue install press F3 to exit" This is after I have dropped the Partition ( 100 gigs ), reallocated it, formatted and proceed to install.

I know it's not disk space or memory as I have ridiculous amounts of both, 1 terabyte hard drive and 1 terabyte of memory on a commercial machine.

I for the life of me have no idea why its doing this unless it has something to do with the separate partitions ( 4 partitions )

any ideas ?

thank you in advance

1 terabyte hard drive and 1 terabyte of memory on a commercial machine.

nLite is not for business or corporation uses.

It is in the license you agreed to when you installed it.

As a side note XP limitations are NO WHERE near 1tb of ram.... XP x64 has a limit of 128gigs

Only server editions have limits that high.

Starting with windows server 2003 sp1 enterprise editions.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

As a side note XP limitations are NO WHERE near 1tb of ram.... XP x64 has a limit of 128gigs

Umm I didn't say it was being used for commercial purposes..I have a commercial machine being used at home. For an extra few $$$ it was worth buying one I also run UNIX alongside XP Apart from all that your answer still didn't help me in either way. Thank you for your NON input

and yes Xp 32 has a limit of 2 gigs

Umm I didn't say it was being used for commercial purposes..I have a commercial machine being used at home. For an extra few $$$ it was worth buying one I also run UNIX alongside XP Apart from all that your answer still didn't help me in either way. Thank you for your NON input

IF YOU HAD bothered to READ the WHOLE POST!

I provided your answer:

XP WILL NOT install on that machine!!!

BTW XP 32 ram limits is 4 gigs

Thank you for your rudeness?

Also why did you post this here when nLite has a section of its own?

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

RAM Limits

The "trick" to use 4GB with a warning of limitation (on 32-bit).

More here and here on the subject of RAM limits which indicates you still have to use PAE switch even with x64 but the drivers still have to support it.

Your alternative is to install in a VM on top of another supporting OS (maybe a free Linux Distribution or Server2K3/higher?).

Good luck and Case closed...

edit - Unix almost equal Linux... Again, good luck.

Edited by submix8c

• 3 months later...

I too tried nLite. It worked when I loade Win XP SP2 and added SP3 to it. Then I tried to integrate SP3 and the 115 fixes but I have a problem with the result. WIndows starts, but doesn't give me the option to creat a user right from the begining, it goes directly with the Administrator mode. I tried to remove some fixes and made several coasters so far :( That's why I'm trying WUD now but the UL list doesn't work (see my topic in the bug section).