TCP/IP Patches?

technoid

I recently installed 98SE, via retail CD, to one of my 486 systems, so basically it's all virginal. I'd like to know what TCP/IP patches I could update it to. I am in a situation where I only have about 160MB of harddrive space left (2 drives, 80MB free on each), so I do not have the luxury to install something like say, Soporific's Autopatcher, so as to patch everything, let alone only TCP/IP stuff. Microsoft Update won't help either as we all know that website is gone as well. I will or may need this to see if it can optimize its connection to a LAN system. It has a 10mbps network interface card (ISA). Can't say if there's any problems at all yet, and not sure what Microsoft network patches there are just to keep it as updated as it can/will be. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

A program called TCPoptimizer made wonders on my PCs around internet speed, but about patches I cannot say anything...

I too have the TCPOptimizer, and for a while my speed was 10meg. so that is what I had it set to, however I have been upgraded to 30meg, the TCPOptimizer only goes up to 20meg, so will this cause an issue?

I haven't needed to change the settings on it, but I thought I would have to being that I have been upgraded, do I need to update the setting on the TCPOptimizer for the dial up adapter as well as the ethernet 10/100 ?

I moved the slider manually to 20,000 for the ethernet adapter, then after I accepted the changes and re-booted it was back to the 10,000 again, so this is why I wondered if I need to update both?

I see there is an updated prog on this link below.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Edited by frogman

• 2 months later...