Home Network Problems

bookie32

Hi guys :hello:

OK! I have a situation that is driving me nuts...

I have a home network with 4 windows computers (3 Windows 7 and 1 Windows XP)

I also have two naslite servers included in my network....

My main computer is showing all of them when on line...no problems..

My customer computer is not seeing the naslite servers....I had the F-Secure Anitvirus setup the same way as the others but nada....?!

I have even removed the Antivirus software...but no naslite servers? I can contact them via Telnet and administer them via Telnet.....even ping the individual computers, but I can't see them to add files etc....?!

Can someone give me a clue as to what is causing this?

bookie32

Hi again!

OK! more info....this looks like conflict between computers on my network?

I turned off my main computer and sure enough the servers became visable to my customer computer?!

They are in the same workgroup, so what could that be?

bookie32

I am going to hazard a guess that your Main computer was the Master Browser of the workgroup. Shutting it down enabled another PC to become the Master Browser and likely refreshed something. I don't remember exactly how that process works. Was your main PC the XP one?

Hi again :yes:

OK! the Main-Computer is Windows 7

DatorNissen is my customer computer (and the name of my company)

The XP computer isn't on at the moment or the Media Center Which is Windows 7...

I seem to remember creating "Home Group" on the Media Center and the other two Windows 7 Computers don't want to join? Must be some conflict there....

OK! I am going to remove the Media Center from the "Home Group" and start over to see if that clears the way....LOL

All of my computeres apart from the Windows 2008 r2 Server are apart of "PAGENYGARD" workgroup...these are mine and my girlfriends surnames....apart from her name has a Swedish letter "å" and I don't like to cause problems with Swedish names.....LOL...

OK! I will sort this out and post when completed....

bookie32

Disabling IPv6 is unsupported by Microsoft, and (as you've found with homegroup, some things will not work right (or at all) with it disabled. A better approach is to disable teredo, which is the component most people have issues with.