Windows 2000 NT Authority

Tommy

I'm really getting tired of this. Out of the blue for no reason at all it seems, when I'm running Windows 2000 Pro along with KernelEx v5 and KDW wrappers, things will be going fine and all of a sudden, I get this stupid NT Authority is shutting down the system. I'm protected with AVG and ran a scan and I was clean. Sometimes it doesn't show up for ages and sometimes it just shows up right away. More specifically it says, Error Code 128, Services.exe has terminated unexpectedly. When I Google it, I usually get results for Windows XP which I don't care about. Does anyone know how to get around this as there must be people who know how to. It never even used to be like, just recently. Is it possible that Microsoft plants a bug on your system that it detects as an old OS? Crazy idea, but sometimes I just wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

After some testing, it seems that for some reason, it's KDW that's causing the problem. Everything runs fine until I start using it. It used to work fine but for some reason, it doesn't seem to like me anymore. Especially with WMP10, it used to work perfectly, now it crashes with some memory address can't be read or written or whatever.

I always use Ez Install, I've had major failures otherwise. In a VM test environment, the earliest KDW I have seems to work best, I think it's like v.82.

Edited by SearanoX

Well, I use Safari 3.2.3 and sometimes I think that might be the culprit because when I close it out completely, I almost always get an error after the program closes. WMP10 used to work perfectly but lately when you go to play something, the music plays but then immediately some memory can't be read or written message comes up and clicking OK makes the program close. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else that really gives me trouble when using the wrappers.

Hmm, I can't say anything about Safari because I use Opera & IE only (and sometimes Firefox) but I'll check WMP10 on my system and see if there are any problems with it.

Recently I've checked WMP11 to see if it's possible to run it in 2K but there seem to be a lot of dependencies which cannot (at this moment) be fixed by wrappers.

Edited by tomasz86

I had at one time installed WMP11 on Windows 2000. It worked to a slight degree, but not well. What I did was left BWC's special edited WMP10 files and unzipped them into a folder, then I unzipped WMP11 and one of the other exe's in the archive and put that in there as well. It installed and appeared to run but one thing that hardly worked was the library. No titles or anything showed up, just album art. That was a while ago though so I can't remember all that I had done and what worked and what didn't work. I also got Vista's games to work on 2000 as well (Like Spider Solitare, etc), which just required the v5 kernel32 and the kernel32 wrapper as well. I've tried getting WMM2.6 to work and I had once where it worked flawlessly except for missing icons in the program. But now it crashes when you try to save the video with a memory error. I'm trying to think of what else I had used wrappers for. I know at one time I tried getting the sidebar from 7 to work in Windows 2000 but EventUnregister is missing from advapi32.dll. I liked the weather gadgets ^^;. Other than that, I don't know what else. I wanted to try Google Chrome but the installer doesn't like me. I think because it wants me to download off the internet and I already have it downloaded as an installer. I have dialup so it makes it hard to download things when I want to. D: