Username missing

forjonny

To be honest, there is probably something you forgot to tell us. There is no way a resolution change will do anything to the choices on "Welcome Screen" (or maybe one will disappear because the screen has become to small to show it?).

XP Home, XP Pro ?

In safe mode, can you not see all the users in Computer Management ? Does "your" user name show there ? Does it have a folder in C:\Documents and settings" ?

If your user is listed in Computer Management, (and not deactivated), at Welcome screen (users icons screen), even in normal mode, you should be able to login anyway using 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' twice, entering username and password.

For your 1st problem,

is the additional screen supposed to go higher than 1024x768 which I suppose is the max resolution of your laptop's screen? If it does, it will not do if you choose to have the same image on both screen (in which case, you will have the same resolution on both screen with the laptop's 1024x768 as reference).

You have to chose which is the primary screen and the dual display mode;

-duplicated screen (same image on both screens),

-dual desktop (primary has the start button and the task bar, secondary can be moved "around" by dragging the small icon representing it ),

-extended desktop (task bar on both screens, start button on primary, secondary can be moved "around")

My wife had just switched her duplicate laptop in the dock and I was on the one with one username instead of two. She has a back up laptop that is the same model. So I had a little issue with getting the two screens to do what I wanted but the username thing is no longer a part of this post. Different computer. Anyhow I extended the screen to the extra monitor and was able to manipulate it. It was stuck on 640x480 and would no go any higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this with XP, Vista and Windows 7 this control userpasswords2 ???

XP as I said and it worked FOR 7 also, but do not know if it works for 7Home-Edition and I did´n try @ Vista @ all but it is treated yourself to have a try ;)

Edited by Schiiwa

Is this with XP, Vista and Windows 7 this control userpasswords2 ???

XP as I said and it worked 7 also, but do not know if it works for 7Home-Edition and I did´n try @ Vista @ all but it is treated yourself to have a try ;)

R U Speaking in code?

R U Speaking in code?

YES.... Meanwhile thinking and speaking in codes

UPS... used " ´ " again instead of " ' "! I´ve used that key for apostrophe for years, because i do not have to use SHIFT then, Coffeefind :blushing:

@Kelsenellenelvian:

Good to know... but i expected that except i would have been unsure for 2000

Edited by Schiiwa

If you are speaking in code then others have to read your reply over and over again to understand it.

It actually makes a person look like he can't spell or write a correct sentence. If a person cannot write a complete understandable question or can't spell then others will not take them seriously. I try my best to write correctly and sometimes I read my writings again and see that I have left out words or spelled words wrong. I then feel that I have misled someone because of how I wrongly used words and feel like a clown.

Anyhow I am not complaining but I just read your reply three times to understand it. I don't have that kind of time.

For all the other members and visitors with user-related problems:

...You can even change the the user-account in Windows XP Home...

You should have read this before. That makes it much more easier to follow the thread :angel

Edited by Schiiwa