Any Idea whats causing this?

I am trying to integrate IE9 using the Waik via the DISM but I am having one problem I just cant stop. Every single time I open IE9 it wants to run the welcome screen. While know this can be disabled via group policy or registry hacks, I just want to get to the bottom of whats causing it in the first place so I do not have to have this problem. Any ideas on this? I know that if I apply IE9 via MDT I do not have this problem.

It appears to be a known issue, as I contacted Microsoft about this very issue. Unfortunately, the workaround for now is indeed to apply a registry hack to disable it. I have no idea if they're going to be able to fix it or not.

As to it working with MDT, that is because it is integrated differently (online) versus off - apparently there's some sort of issue with integrating it offline.

Why would you go through the hassle of installing to a VM, installing IE9 and updates, sysprep/capturing it, then redeploying it when you can just slipstream it offline and add a reg hack? Seems like a lot of work to avoid adding one single registry DWORD...

I just run this after win installs and it's silent. If you want to do that then Firstlogoncommands might be best added to xml

CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\IE9\IE9-Windows7-x86-enu.exe /passive /update-no /closeprograms /norestart

Edited by maxXPsoft

for those of you who wrote scripts can you tell e exactly what the code is doing so I get an idea as to what to expect. Also how would I get this to run from dvd or usb? I have had the worst time trying to get anything to install from dvd or usb using answer files. Any help or guide would be appreciated.