Win2000 SP5 hotfixes

brutus1234

This is a very simple trick I try every time a KB article seems not to point to an EXE package. In most cases it works.

As an example, I used this trick to download the hotfix for KB932590 (as you can see, the page doesn't contain a link to the download page).

1. open a KB article containing a link to the package download page (example: KB818383)
  2. clic on "View and request hotfix downloads"
  3. edit the URL of the new page, replacing the article number (in this example, replace 818383 with 932590)
  4. press ENTER and... that's all, folks! :thumbup

This is a very simple trick I try every time a KB article seems not to point to an EXE package. In most cases it works.

As an example, I used this trick to download the hotfix for KB932590 (as you can see, the page doesn't contain a link to the download page).

1. open a KB article containing a link to the package download page (example: KB818383)
  2. clic on "View and request hotfix downloads"
  3. edit the URL of the new page, replacing the article number (in this example, replace 818383 with 932590)
  4. press ENTER and... that's all, folks! :thumbup

Of course... thanks. In my haste, it slipped my mind to try this.

Edit: updated the download page link for 932590 on the Windows 2000 Post-SP4 Updates for HFSLIP page with MS Hotfix Request page.

Edit: updated the URL for the Windows 2000 Post-SP4 Updates for HFSLIP page.

Edited by bristols