[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

ps can someone try this for me:

1) ensure u have waik 2.0 installed as u will need imagex from that

2) mount install.wim with imagex, u do not need to do anything such as add or remove files

3) unmount wim with commit changes

4) run vlite, make sure u have wimgapi.dll & wim filter from vista waik

let me know the outcome

43387324.jpg

testinstalls20110227161.png

you can not use Gimagex? must mount "install.wim" with imagex of the WAIK 2.0?

and just need to mount (do nothing) and unmount the image with commit change (we have not done)?

then run Vlite "normal" is that all?

thanks ;)

Edited by bapt

you can not use Gimagex? must mount "install.wim" with imagex of the WAIK 2.0?

and just need to mount (do nothing) and unmount the image with commit change (we have not done)?

then run Vlite "normal" is that all?

thanks ;)

yes thats all.

u can use gimagex but make sure its the latest version

my guess its the wimfilter that is corrupting the image. when you're mounting/dismounting with gimagex (or imagex), make sure the wimfilter is from waik 2.0 or win7. then u can install the vista waik wimfilter for vlite...? when dismounting, it should take around 20 minutes to complete

Edited by dead0

I tested with Gimagex, and it works not

after using vLite, there are corrupt files

when I used Gimagex is the wimfltr.sys (windows\system32\drivers) of Vista I think

I used Vlite "normal", with wimgapi and wimfltr.sys files (6.0 6001 18000) for Vista

is not good?

EDIT: OS of the PC where I'm testing is a 7 x64 (sp1 integrated)

Edited by bapt

i just did another test & no errors after vlite

u could try this way:

1) ensure waik 2.0 is installed

2) in cmd prompt, go to Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64 and execute wimmountinstall /install

3) copy wimmount.sys from above folder to Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64

4) rename wimfltr.sys (this is the vista version) to something else such as wimfltr2.sys as you will need it later

5) rename the copied wimmount.sys to wimfltr.sys

6) right click wimfltr.inf Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64 folder to install

7) using gimagex or imagex, mount install.wim and then dismount wim with commit changes. this should take a while around 20 minutes depending on pc. u should only need to do this once to a wim unless u start from afresh

8) go back to the vlite wimfltr folder and rename wimfltr2.sys to wimfltr.sys (also rename wimfltr.sys back to wimmount.sys)

9) right click wimfltr.inf and install again. this will copy the vista version back to system32\drivers

10) use vlite

u may need to switch between the 2 filters when using imagex and vlite

Edited by dead0

I'll try this ;)

wimmount.sys of the WAIK3 is not good?

i used wimmount from waik 2. i dont think there is any difference between the two

it seems sp1 is tightly locked down when compared to the non sp version

Edited by dead0

with the wimmout.sys of WAIK3, imagex and gimagex does not run (error)

with WAIK2 (Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008) there is no file wimmout.sys (just wimfltr.sys)

and it is the same as that used with vlite

Edited by bapt

with WAIK2 (Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008) there is no file wimmout.sys (just wimfltr.sys)

and it is the same as that used with vlite

WAIK 2 is for 7 I thought. 1.1 is for vista. 1.1 was released in 2008, 2 was released in 2009 and 3 this month. WAIK 2 should have the wimmount.sys, that is what I have.

i just did another test & no errors after vlite

u could try this way:

1) ensure waik 2.0 is installed

2) in cmd prompt, go to Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64 and execute wimmountinstall /install

3) copy wimmount.sys from above folder to Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64

4) rename wimfltr.sys (this is the vista version) to something else such as wimfltr2.sys as you will need it later

5) rename the copied wimmount.sys to wimfltr.sys

6) right click wimfltr.inf Program Files (x86)\vLite\wimfltr\x64 folder to install

7) using gimagex or imagex, mount install.wim and then dismount wim with commit changes. this should take a while around 20 minutes depending on pc. u should only need to do this once to a wim unless u start from afresh

8) go back to the vlite wimfltr folder and rename wimfltr2.sys to wimfltr.sys (also rename wimfltr.sys back to wimmount.sys)

9) right click wimfltr.inf and install again. this will copy the vista version back to system32\drivers

10) use vlite

u may need to switch between the 2 filters when using imagex and vlite

This is interesting. I thought I had something wrong with my pc after all the uninstall and install of these components yesterday when it took that 20min to work with waik2. I thought I tried something similar because I was trying different things with vlite and the filters. I just tried this and didn't get the winlogon error but did get an error with installing some components. Might be my vlite session. Can you post your session you are using to achieve this and I will try? This might be the reason the regtweak doesn't work either is because of the filter version.

WAIK 2 is for 7 I thought. 1.1 is for vista. 1.1 was released in 2008, 2 was released in 2009 and 3 this month. WAIK 2 should have the wimmount.sys, that is what I have.

WAIK 1.1 => WAIK for Windows Vista

WAIK 2 => WAIK for Windows Vista SP1 et Windows Server 2008

WAIK3 => WAIK for Windows 7

not wimmount.sys on WAIK 2 ;)

Edited by bapt

WAIK 1.1 => WAIK for Windows Vista

WAIK 2 => WAIK for Windows Vista SP1 et Windows Server 2008

WAIK3 => WAIK for Windows 7

not wimmount.sys on WAIK 2 ;)

Thanks for clarifying, Than it doesn't make sense what dead0 is saying.