File system problem or a ghost......

bookie32

Hi folks :hello:!

Got a bit of a strange problem...Just built a computer for a customer and after adding drivers and updating windows ....blue screen of death?!

OK! Let us start at the beginning...LOL. I have built a computer with an Asus P5KPL-AM EPU. The processor is an Intel LGA 775 2.93GHz E7500.

I have built several computers with the same motherboard and same processor without problems...Strange or not strange....when the blue screen came up 0x00000024 (0x00000000001904FB, 0xFFFFF88002ED1A98, 0xFFFFF88002ED1300, 0xFFFFF8800126B91E)

ntfs.sys address FFFF8800126B91E base at FFFFF8800125B000 date stamp 4a5bc14f.

OK! This seems to be a file problem...so I ran chkdsk and chkdsk full scan to see if anything turned up...nada...BUT I am still getting the blue screens with the same problem?

I have never had a ntfs problem like this before that couldn't be fixed. The hard drive isn't coming up faulty?!

Has anyone any suggestions as to what I should do?

Oh...BTW I have reinstalled twice now to see if there would be any improvement.....nada?!!

Need help on this one guys and girls..

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

Hi folks....

Forgot some info...it is windows 7 64bit I have installed.

Another strange thing....Thoght I'd check Asus for updates for the Bios etc to see if I was missing something....

Turns out that the bios update is the same as the one I have already installed on the motherboad...that was a first for me...:)

The chipset driver and other drivers were older at Asus than the ones on the driver cd that came with the mobo?....

bookie32

The chipset driver and other drivers were older at Asus than the ones on the driver cd that came with the mobo?....

I can testify this to be true. ASUS (whom I have experience with) are lazy and do not update a lot. In fact, for the notebook I have, they only released one set of drivers on their website, and the ones on the motherboard CD WERE actually newer.

Sorry I can't help you out with your other (read: bigger) problem.

Cheers

Hi Sp0iLedBrAt!

Have to say that this is the first time I have bought a motherboard that is has a newer cd with it than the drivers on their site.....built quite a few for my customers....

Glad that I am not the only one...:)

bookie32

Seen as this thread seems to be very uninteresting.....we will call it closed.....

There are only a handful of people that post here that can read minidumps! So if you don't get a response (you did post on the weekend and a lot of us are more active during the workweek) its probably because one of those people hasn't seen the thread yet.

Minidumps are not usually helpful, and you will be requested to capture a full dump. Instructions here:

While you are waiting, you can run memtest and an HD tester (WD or SeaTools as appropriate) to see if they reveal anything.

Hi Tripredacus!

I do apologize been having a bad few days....didn't mean to take it out on you guys and girls :blushing:

Thanks for the info....been getting the runaround from my supplier...spend a fortune with them and suddenly they want me to jump through hoops before I can return anything......!!

I have to dismantle the computer and put the motherboard on a test work bench....been busy today sorting out other stuff but will follow their conditions of return and then get back here with the result.....

Thanks again for your help!

Sorry, nearly forgot....I was testing the memory without finding anything and then I moved one of the modules and didn't get any life out of the computer, so it is looking like a DIMM slot causing me grief....

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again!

There have been some developments regarding the motherboard in question...

Never could really establish if it was the motherboard but I have convinced my supplier after endless testing to send me a new one.

Since then I have reinstalled windows 7 and updated all the drivers.... No blue screens at all...not even a sign of one...BUT have a problem with the sleep mode settings and wondered if somone can help me out....Starting a new thread about that...

"Sleep mode problems with Asus P5KPL-AM EPU"

Thanks