CCleaner - 98SE Last Version

risk_reversal

I am using ver 2.36.1233. That was the last working version that was listed for Win 9x. I don't beleive you have to have KernelEx installed since it listed 9x and all the other Window platforms. The new 3x version no longer list 9x as working ...

"Runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions."

Whether the new 3x version will work with KernelEx installed, I don't know. I have KernelEx (latest) installed but I have decided to stop with the last 2.36.1233 version. Perhaps someone will verify that the new CCleaner 3x version will work with KernelEx installed, although I think I remember someone at the KernelEx thread saying it didn't work, not 100% sure.

FileHippo ... CCleaner download ... ver 2.36.1233 on the right side.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Edited by duffy98

CCleaner 2.36 is indeed the last version, which you can use probably even without KernelEx.

I've tried the newest version (3.0) - installation was successful but it doesn't run.

Cheers. I will give that version a try.

I must admit that I am ignorant in respect of KernelEx and have not used it (yet) although I did read the first part of the sticky and understand its purpose. For now if v2.36.x will work in a native 98SE environment I would rather go for that.

Cheers