[Help] Unattended Seven and WPI

You want start FirstLog.cmd before WPI.exe (with SetupComplete.cmd) or after?

Unattended Windows Setup Reference for Windows 7.chm

SynchronousCommand

SynchronousCommand specifies a command to run the first time a user logs on to the computer, its description, and the order in which it is run. FirstLogonCommands are run after logon but before the user sees the desktop.

If you create a user account that does not include administrative privileges, the following commands may not be executed:

If User Account Control is enabled, then when that user logs in for the first time, a dialog box appears, prompting the user with an option to allow an administrator to apply the commands. If the user selects Cancel, these commands are not executed.

If User Account Control is disabled, these commands are not executed.

I want to start it after SetupComplete.cmd so exactly i want it to run the first time a user logs on to the computer and it does, but there is that cmd windows that stays there forever and i don't know how to get rid of it..

Google "self delete batch file" and add that command in your setupcomplete.cmd

BTW I call WPI with my autounattend.xml, it much better

<FirstLogonCommands>
<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<CommandLine>cmd /c for %i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %i:\wpi\wpi.exe start %i:\wpi\wpi.exe</CommandLine>
<Description>Windows Post Install Wizard</Description>
<Order>9</Order>
<RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>

Google "self delete batch file" and add that command in your setupcomplete.cmd

BTW I call WPI with my autounattend.xml, it much better

<FirstLogonCommands>
<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<CommandLine>cmd /c for %i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %i:\wpi\wpi.exe start %i:\wpi\wpi.exe</CommandLine>
<Description>Windows Post Install Wizard</Description>
<Order>9</Order>
<RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>

well i'll try this then!

thx for the answer, i'll report the results asap :)

Carlo

About VirtualBox silent install, you can find some help here:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21127

http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=1425

*Edit:

About Windows Live essentials Standalone silent install

Rename the file as wlsetup-all.exe and you can use:

WLSetup-all.exe /q /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /nosearch /AppSelect:Moviemaker,Mail,Messenger,Writer

You can add applications you want install!

http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=45828

*Edit 2:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943595/en-us

Edited by myselfidem

I've made many tests to try the silent installation with WPI for Windows Live Essentials Standalone!

If I use this command on my computer, works fine, but don't work with WPI. Only the first program is intalled.

@echo off

cmd /C C:\WLSetup-all.exe /q /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /nosearch /AppSelect:Messenger,Mail,Moviemaker,Writer,Olc

exit

If I use this command all is fine and the complete package is installed:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\WLive\\wlsetup-all.exe" /silent'];
Edited by myselfidem

good to know, i was tight about to post again about that silent switch not working :)

thanks really :)

i still have problems with the install of Daemon Tools for the gadget and VirtualBox with the usb drivers

if someone can help I appreciate :)

Carlo

For Windows Live Essentials Standalone with WPI!

You can first search with Google an localised version!

It's needed to use WPI to insert the command, because the comma "," is write %comma% to separate the programs inside the same command for the silent installation!! No try to insert the command manually inside "config.js" (It was my error)!

If you want install only the components you want with Windows Live, the command is like this and works fine:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\WLive\\wlsetup-all.exe" /q /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /nosearch /AppSelect:Messenger%comma%Mail%comma%Moviemaker%comma%Writer%comma%Silverlight];

With my French version all is installed perfectly with the programs I've choosen!

Return Code WPI = 0 (success)!

Edited by myselfidem

For Windows Live Essentials Standalone with WPI!

You can first search with Google an localised version!

It's needed to use WPI to insert the command, because the comma "," is write %comma% to separate the programs inside the same command for the silent installation!! No try to insert the command manually inside "config.js" (It was my error)!

If you want install only the components you want with Windows Live, the command is like this and works fine:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\WLive\\wlsetup-all.exe" /q /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /nosearch /AppSelect:Messenger%comma%Mail%comma%Moviemaker%comma%Writer%comma%Silverlight];

With my French version all is installed perfectly with the programs I've choosen!

Return Code WPI = 0 (success)!

I used /silent (for me its ok to install the entire suite :) )

Thanks anyway, it could be usefull for anyone else or for other ppl who has errors with other things with the "comma" :)

For Daemon's gadget and Vbot USB Drivers any news? :(

For Daemon Tools you can use "search" inside the forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/60661-daemon-tools-4-released/page__st__20

I searched for Daemon Tools and VirtualBox in the entire forum, and as u point out, I didn't find anything usefull for my problem unfortunately :(

infact both installation are good and completely silent, the problem lies on their "addons" (DT.gadget and USB Drivers) which Windows recognize as Unsecure and prompts for confirmation before install

Sry for my english, if the problem i'm getting is still not clear i'll post some screens of what happens

Carlo

EDIT:

here are my "problems" :)

66230319.png 11972377.png

Edited by easly89

I already told you how to stop the driver problem with virtual box

Use RegShot or InstallWatch to take a snapshot before you install the application for the first time, when installing check the box that says always trust sun microsystems inc, after install is done use regshot or installwatch again to see what changes were made to the registry

You are looking for a key like this one (this is not yours, its for ConvertXToDVD pcsetup)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\TrustedPublisher\Certificates\819F379315E0882C052B30F7E4E43310B472CD65

Go to that location in your registry editor and export that new key...before you install next time apply that reg and you will not get that popup again example

regedit /s Trust.reg
virtualbox.msi /qn

Edited by ricktendo64

I already told you how to stop the driver problem with virtual box

Use RegShot or InstallWatch to take a snapshot before you install the application for the first time, when installing check the box that says always trust sun microsystems inc, after install is done use regshot or installwatch again to see what changes were made to the registry

You are looking for a key like this one (this is not yours, its for ConvertXToDVD pcsetup)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\TrustedPublisher\Certificates\819F379315E0882C052B30F7E4E43310B472CD65

Go to that location in your registry editor and export that new key...before you install next time apply that reg and you will not get that popup again example

regedit /s Trust.reg
virtualbox.msi /qn

Thanks!

I resolved the Vbox issue :) now is installing without any prompt :)

now only Daemon Tools is left .. hope that someone can help with that :)

Carlo