Running HFSLIP under vista/7

jvidal

Does anyone know why running hfslip under vista/7 might work like a charm one time, but fail miserably the next?

You are reading correctly. I run hfslip and it works perfectly. Without changing absolutely anything, when i try to run it again, I get a lot of "access denied" errors when the script is trying to create some folders and "0 files copied" (probably due to the former), resulting in an incomplete CD (not all HFs integrated).

Any clues?

Another thing, when the "access denied" errors occur, the hotfixes are decompressed to the root of the drive (to folders with names such as 6a5ade556dae5a456a75a675), instead of being decompressed to the appropriate folders created by hfslip for that purpose.

PD: I'm not asking for support, I KNOW hfslip is not supposed to run under vista/7. I just want to know what's happening. Where are those "acces denied" errors coming from?

Edited by jvidal

Does anyone know why running hfslip under vista/7 might work like a charm one time, but fail miserably the next?

You are reading correctly. I run hfslip and it works perfectly. Without changing absolutely anything, when i try to run it again, I get a lot of "access denied" errors when the script is trying to create some folders and "0 files copied" (probably due to the former), resulting in an incomplete CD (not all HFs integrated).

Any clues?

Another thing, when the "access denied" errors occur, the hotfixes are decompressed to the root of the drive (to folders with names such as 6a5ade556dae5a456a75a675), instead of being decompressed to the appropriate folders created by hfslip for that purpose.

PD: I'm not asking for support, I KNOW hfslip is not supposed to run under vista/7. I just want to know what's happening. Where are those "acces denied" errors coming from?

I've ran it about 3 times under win7 x64 with no problems.

Just get a short message advising to run under the admin account.

Alo have UAC turned off. Haven't seen the errors you've seen

but it's neen a few months or more since I've messed with it..