What PDF reader do u use?

jiewmeng

I use foxit but I feel its time to use something else I think since foxit annoys me a bit, mainly with printing stuff.

what do you mean by printing stuff?

Printing stuff could show different than in the PDF reader, this is why I stick with Adobe PDF Reader.

BTW, Acrobat (not the reader) has great annotation tools. I use the object touchup tool quite a bit.

You must be sponsored by Adobe. :lol:

I know, Adobe makes great programs, nothing to complain about besides the prices in Mexico (100 to 300% over the USA price).

You must be sponsored by Adobe. :lol:

I know it's a joke but even though I think it's still the best PDF app it's hardly perfect. Yes, Acrobat is quite expensive for one thing, but even worse than that is that Acrobat and reader totally don't match their other apps in terms of interface or keyboard shortcuts. It's maddening.

For example, even just the zoom tool. In Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc you can just press Z to get select the said tool. In acrobat? Well, that does absolutely nothing (oh, that's right, "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" is unchecked by default... seriously?). There is no way to remap keyboard shortcuts either. The "main" toolbar is totally unlike the others too (not feature rich, not the same location, doesn't work the same, etc) There are no workspaces either... and the list goes on. I also have to resort to opening PDFs with Illustrator (page by page no less) quite often to make some changes. I'm just hoping Acrobat X will be significantly improved. Not sure if that will really be the case, but most likely it'll include some new and useful features that won't be well supported (if at all) by other programs.

It almost doesn't feel like an Adobe app, and by itself it has FAR more bugs, glitches, quirks and security issues than Photoshop + Illustrator + InDesign + Bridge + Camera Raw combined. It's also a pain to automatically apply updates to it. And I can't stand its browser plugins either (I disable them all). It's my least favorite Adobe app out of all those I actually use. Yet, it's still the better tool for PDFs by a LONG shot, which is kind of unsurprising as PDF is Adobe's format. All of the other PDF apps I've tried were no better in any significant way, or when they had a slight edge on something (and usually the main one is "how fast can a PDF open on a Pentium 3?" which is pointless for me) they were clearly far behind in several other areas, so I settled for the one that just works, for everything, all of the time (who likes fighting with their documents, then trying a dozen sub-par apps, each with a different set of show-stopper problems?). I can afford the extra 5MB of RAM overhead it has...