How do I remove windows features/components?

"%waik%\Tools\x86\Servicing\dism.exe" /image:"%installmountdir%" /LogPath:"w:\win7\logs\install_rempackage.log" /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385

so im trying to do it manually, like above.. when i do so, i get an access denied

so i try renaming a file in Windows\ and i also get an access denied, but, its fine in Users\ or some other directory... what does all this mean?

"%waik%\Tools\x86\Servicing\dism.exe" /image:"%installmountdir%" /LogPath:"w:\win7\logs\install_rempackage.log" /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385

so im trying to do it manually, like above.. when i do so, i get an access denied

so i try renaming a file in Windows\ and i also get an access denied, but, its fine in Users\ or some other directory... what does all this mean?

In order to remove those packages you have to use InstallWimTweak.exe on your image

I dont get into detail about extreme removal in my tutorial but I do talk about installwimtweak briefly: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7384-video-windows-7-aik-deployment-101-added-part-3/

Edited by ricktendo64

thanks that helped, ive managed to remove some packages, but i realize the size of the image doesn't actually get smaller. so now i wonder, what's the difference between removing a package and disabling a feature? and why would anyone wanna go through the process of removing packages rather than just disable them.

7 Lite is actually removing stuff where the .wim gets smaller with a benefit of lay down image being smaller and will fit easier on a dvd instead of needing a dual layer. SP1(Beta) for 7 s 1.2GB to start but thats X86 and X64

Disadvantage, If you remove instead of disabling then sometime in the future possibly a certain update is installed and crashes your whole system and your on all these forums saying WTH? when none of us realize you stripped it. Format C: /U

Edit: Just saying if you have problems then return to what you used and post there.

Edited by maxXPsoft