hal.dll , how should boot.ini be? please

laruv

Hi,i've got a problem doing usb xp thingy,i've done it before but then i had 2 partions and it all worked fine,now it don't

hal.dll error,so how should the boot.ini be?

I had started the GUI installation with all the text about XP etc,but when i came back the hal.dll error was there..

I have no extra partions,just the harddrive which was '0' in the text thingy and the partion was named '1'

So could someone write a new boot.ini please? , right now i have :

[boot Loader]

Timeout=20

Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[Operating Systems]

C:\btsec\XPSTP.bs="1. Begin TXT Mode Setup Windows XP, Never unplug USB-Drive Until Logon"

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Continue GUI Mode Setup XP + Start XP from HD 0 - Part 1" /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Continue GUI Mode Setup XP + Start XP from HD 0 - Part 2" /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Continue GUI Mode Setup XP + Start XP from HD 1 - Part 1" /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Continue GUI Mode Setup XP + Start XP from HD 1 - Part 2" /FASTDETECT

I appreciate every serious answer,thanks!

• 1 month later...

hi guys...havin da same problem...hal.dll corrupted or missing...

really need help in solving this...

hope the professionals can help with a step by step solutions without using all the high tech terms...

tx again...

I suspect you "moved" the HDD from one PC to another (it's a typical error)?

Is your post relevant to the Topic (USB Boot/Install)? If not, this post (and yours above) need split off and put in the XP sub-forum.

Edited by submix8c

hi again...tx 4 da reply but no....i didnt move any hdd to new pc...

its a small mini laptop without cd-rom that im tryin to help format...

previously...i followed all the instructions correctly....but still i got hal.dll missing

try bootin from hdd but still unsuccessful...

i've tried creatin partition n install n deletin partition n re-install but still the same problem...

i've read that the reason hal.dll error is there because theres previously installed windows...but how can it detect when its a newly installed os??

i did follow the instructions carefully, its not like i skipped a step or sumthin...

really2 hope for a solutions....coz this laptop's owner is realy drivin me nuts....help2! T.T

Did you read the pinned FAQs topic?

What instructions did you follow?

Did you delete ALL partitions, this means ALL, not all except one or two?

In which partition are you installing to?

Did you try WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 beta6, which should not have any similar limitations?

Did you try any of the other methods in the pinned topics?

Did you search the subforum a bit? This error has been discussed in details numerous times already.