need to pruchase license w/o dvd. is that possible?

adrian2055

Is there a way to purchase a vista business license without buying the dvd? I have my retail vista ultimate dvd so I could install it from there. I need it because my new laptop runs slow using ultimate and I don't want to use what came with it the pc (windows 7 home premium).

Without going Open License, Volume License or purchasing an MSDN/Technet subscription, I am not aware of how you can. Only possibility is if you can find an NFR copy, which you aren't allowed to pay for. All I know is that a retail or OEM COA is not allowed to be sold without accompanied media.

Without going Open License, Volume License or purchasing an MSDN/Technet subscription, I am not aware of how you can. Only possibility is if you can find an NFR copy, which you aren't allowed to pay for. All I know is that a retail or OEM COA is not allowed to be sold without accompanied media.

Ok. I kinda figured that, but I held on to a glimmer of hope lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Skip Vista and go with 7

Yea a good idea is to get a Technet or MSDN account, its a little more than the price of a single Vista license and with it you get ALL operating systems to choose from not just one

It came with win 7 home premium and it was awful. I couldn't do anything with it. I made the win 7 restore cds, wiped it out and went back to vista.

Hmmm....didn't realize technet was so cheap. I also thought it wasn't open to the public. Don't know why, but I did. I'll check into that.

You can buy & download from the Microsoft store can you not?

I didn't see it there. They're shoving 7 down people's throats. I typed in vista business and got directed to windows 7.

If your laptop came with Windows 7 pre-installed check out your bios slic version, if its 2.0 or 2.1 there are ways to downgrade and even activate a lower copy of Windows (in your case Vista)

I checked and my bios slic version is 2.1.