Windows XP Crashed

Hi guys :hello:

Look shoot me down if I am in the wrong place...I have a customer who unfortunately had a friends, friend to build him a computer and it is a mess....

I have sorted out all the othe family members computers but have this one remaining and could need some advice...

He started his computer today and it went into chkdsk mode and went through 1 and 2 OK but half way through 3 started to try and sort id problems out on the hard drive.... this was something new for me...

My customer had left it rolling on the screen until I got there and I then discinnected a couple of other drives to make sure it wasn't them causing the problem....nada

The main C drive seems to have some file problems. We could let it run its cycle but before I got there it had been running two hours....

I have now brought it home to try and save his files...the biggest problem is he has used outlook for his mail and hasn't copies on the server....

If I could login to windows..then I could export everthing and then sort out the rest later....

What I need to be able to do now is get into the computer and save the mails as well as general files... I can boot from many differen't media disks which will give me access to his general files but how do I save the e-mails etc.

Is there anyone available who can give me some words of wisdom on a weekend...

I am going to lend my customer a computer but he has these important e-mails etc.

bookie32

Suffix of all Outlook/Outlook Express email is DBX (eg Inbox.dbx).

Documents and Settings / <username> / Local Settings / Application Data / Identities / <odd-number folders - may be several>

Address Book suffix is WAB.

Documents and Settings / <username> / Local Settings / Application Data / Microsoft / Address Book