A small problem with Firefox.

Aloha

I installed an application to change the proxy, which I sometimes have to use! It works fine with IE and Maxthon. It was integrated into Firefox as an add-on too. However, every time I change the proxy while using Firefox, a window of the Library will pop up! I have to close it manually. It's a little annoying. Is there a way to stop this? If it is in the Options of Firefox, which properties (or features???) should I change?

Thanks in advance for any answers and help.

Sp0iLeDBrAt,

Is it important to tell which application it is? I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss about it in detail. It helps me to go to some websites which I can't access without using a proxy.

Edited by Aloha

Understood, but unless we know which app that works as an add-on in FF and IE, it's going to be a bit hard to help. Also, not even knowing what the pop-up says relegates this to guessing and crystal-ball usage.

Cluberti,

I am using Maxthon now and don't have to use that application. It is Hide IP platinum. It's a very old version which can't be found on the net these days, I think! I didn't use it since I began using Firefox 3. Hide IP only works on Firefox 2. I reinstalled it just yesterday, after I happened to read this:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-fix-broken-fir...th-new-version/

It works on Firefox 3.5.7 now! But I don't like that pop-up at all. I think someone here can help with the problem. Thanks both for replying.

(It takes me a lot of time to choose the appropriate words for this post!)

---------------------------

Edit again: the pop-up is not the same all the time. Usually it lists the pages where I'm surfing. The image above showed nothing because I just opened Firefox and changed the proxy, not going to any sites.

Edit: Actually, I haven't used this add-on for a long time and can continue without it if there is no solution. I can use a web proxy to bypass some surfing restrictions but it has problems at times. Now, I wonder if anyone here uses Firefox with an add-on having the similar use. It would be nice if you suggest such adds-on so that I can have it as a replacement. Thanks again for any reply.

Last edit: removing image.

Edited by Aloha

Tripredacus,

I have to fill the proxy in that settings manually. An add-on will automatically do that job for me, and I don't have to search for any proxies.

My memory wasn't very good last night. In fact, the Hide IP I've got only worked on Firefox 1, I stopped using it when I began to use Firefox 2. I misremembered this add-on with Accessibar, which I stopped using since I used Firefox 3 because it only worked on FF2. How confusing! Not sure if you can understand what I've said.

Two days ago, I read about "Using Firefox built-in about:config Tool", I tried it and both the above adds-on work with FF 3.5.7 although it says "Not compatible ..." It's interesting. I just don't like the popup. But now I decide to disable that add-on to avoid the popup. Anyway, I don't use Firefox as often as I use Maxthon or IE.

And thanks for the information on Maxthon, Tripredacus. But among these:

1/ I use Maxthon.

2/ I use Maxthon, a shell for Internet Explorer, not a true browser.

Which one do you think I prefer to use, dear?

Edited by Aloha