Windows XP Service Pack 2c

Ascii2

Windows XP Professional SP2c does not provide new features, nor is it available as a download. System builders will automatically receive Windows XP SP2c when acquiring new Windows XP Professional software from authorized Microsoft OEM distributors.

This means that it comes in the mail on CD or DVD. You won't be able to download it. If you were supposed to get it, DHL would have delivered it. If your company is a System Builder, you should contact your Microsoft Rep to see if you can get it sent to you. If you are not an SB, but still within the OEM Channel, still contact your rep to see if there is any way for you to get this.

Any particular reason you need 2c? As Trip mentioned it was never posted online and was only made available to OEMs via CD shipments (and that actually ended on January 31, 2009, so contacting your system builder rep or VAR TAM will likely not get you anywhere), but it's a little odd you are looking specifically for 2c and not the regular SP2 download or even SP3. The only thing SP2c really brought was the ability to use more product keys and some localization issues with setup, and both of those fixes exist in the SP3 package.

Any particular reason you need 2c?

As Trip mentioned it was never posted online and was only made available to OEMs via CD shipments (and that actually ended on January 31, 2009, so contacting your system builder rep or VAR TAM will likely not get you anywhere), but it's a little odd you are looking specifically for 2c and not the regular SP2 download or even SP3. The only thing SP2c really brought was the ability to use more product keys and some localization issues with setup, and both of those fixes exist in the SP3 package.

Windows XP Service Pack 2c supports more valid product keys than Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The use of Windows XP Service Pack 3 over Windows XP Service Pack 2c is undesirable for many of my applications. I use Service Pack 2 as the service pack level for Windows XP where possible.

Sometimes I perform or have performed installations for clients or others. Issues may occur where the use of keys newly available for use in Windows XP with Service Pack 2c. Media with Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2c may not have been distributed with a purchased Windows XP Professional license.

I wish you luck then, as SP2c isn't being distributed anymore (as previously mentioned) and was never available online. If you have apps that do not work with SP3 (and this time 'round, SP3 really was just an amalgamation of updates), it might be worth the trouble to get them SP3-compatible. Like I previously mentioned, you're going to stop receiving security updates after July 13 2010 for SP2 systems, so continuing to install SP2 after this point seems a little dangerous.

I wish you luck then, as SP2c isn't being distributed anymore (as previously mentioned) and was never available online. If you have apps that do not work with SP3 (and this time 'round, SP3 really was just an amalgamation of updates), it might be worth the trouble to get them SP3-compatible. Like I previously mentioned, you're going to stop receiving security updates after July 13 2010 for SP2 systems, so continuing to install SP2 after this point seems a little dangerous.
A year without updates may be tolerable (although not ideal when security problems exist), a decision as to whether or not to upgrade may be made on or before July 13, 2011.

If Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 were still updatable when security problems are discovered, I would likely be using it instead of newer versions. It seems that Windows XP with Service Pack 1 is functionally superior and more efficient than all other Service Pack levels of Windows XP).

There are some updates I avoid (some avoid like the plague) and do nut include in the unattended setups (oftentimes because they have to potential to cause more problems than they fix).

• 1 month later...

and I second that, cluberti.

unlike Ascii2, I find WinXP SP3 to be actually more stable (and of course, secure) than XP SP2 and XP SP1. only noticed a slight performance decrease in SP3 but far more reliable than SP2 and SP1. and btw, ALL of my apps are XP SP3 compatible.

you can't put a price tag on reliability